Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Does anybody use Quidco?
  • handyman153
    Free Member

Ok..
    Basically i am looking at buying a Imac, but because its Apple, nowhere does any deals, so its full price or nothing.
    But, i was looking at Quidco.com last night, and it offers 10% cashback from BestBuy. Which in effect is 10% discount..

Has anybody used this? Does it work?
    And what happens if i take the product back?

Cheers
    Josh..

mountaincarrot
    Free Member

I’ve used it mostly to buy insurance – some worthwhile discounts if you care to take the time fiddling about. I have used it for a few small things from some online shops. The money eventually arrives but it can take months.

Stuff going back, dunno. Probably gets messy.

dooosuk
    Free Member

Have used and received cash for somethings I’ve bought through them but not others.

If BestBuy is the cheapest place without the cashback, buy from there and keep your fingers crossed for some cash in 6mths time.

If other places are cheaper I’d buy from those instead of working on the promise of cashback.

Cougar

Never used QuidCo – are they a referrer, or do you buy through them?

I’ve used TopCashBack in the past. They do an 8% cashback on BestBuy purchases (and many other retailers too). Create an account, then click the link to the store of choice, and that’s it. No faff at all, free money.

(Link contains my referral ID – I’ll get a couple of quid if you use it).

I use Quidco for the 4% from CRC and 2% from Wiggle.
    It can take a few weeks to get the money, but as it’s money for nothing, I don’t mind waiting.

As I understand it, the cashback is a deal between the referrer, Quidco in this case, and the retailer. There is then a separate deal between the referrer and the customer.
    If you bought an item from say, CRC, after clicking on a link on STW, you’d pay full price and STW would get the 4%.
    If you then returned the item for a refund for whatever reason, CRC would refund you the full amount, but have no right to demand the 4% back from STW.
    Just because Quidco forward the 4% on to you doesn’t mean that CRC have any more right to reclaim it.

Haze

TopCashback mostly and have used Quidco in the past.

Not much between either of them, both pretty reliable.

letmetalktomark

Do you know anyone who is a student?

My wife got a huge discount on not only her laptop but the apple care too.

She just had to show her student card.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Yep, I use Quidco for just about every on-line purchase. CRC, Merlin, mobile companies, insurance companies, utility companies.

My total cashback over the approx 5 years that I’ve used it is now about £1400. 🙂
    Couple it with a descent cashback card like Egg to gain another 1% on all purchases.
    What’s not to like? Why wouldn’t you use it?

Make sure you clear cookies before making the purchase to ensure correct tracking.

Only one glitch so far:
    I have had a few issues with purchases over Firefox not tracking recently so have begrudgingly had to revert to IE when using Quidco.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Does anybody use Quidco?’ is closed to new replies.