Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • dodgy looking ebay auction
  • mrmchammer
    Free Member

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/specialized-pitch-pro-full-suspention-mountain-bike-/220690467530?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item33622d4aca#ht_705wt_1122

anyone on here lost a pitch? just look at the spelling, and the seat post and stem/brake setup…!

allmountain76
    Free Member

I think you’re being a bit hard on the guy listing it but i could be wonrg. So he cant spell and he likes his seat forward. He seems to know a bit about the bike and its intended use. Doesnt look like your usual stolen bike ad.

sc-xc

According to his feedback, he bought the frame in June 2010. mchammer – You should be a detective…

mrmchammer
    Free Member

but the seatpost is backwards? and the brakes are pointing up in the air? i cant see anyone who rides really setting up a bike like that? You may be right, it just stood out a little esp on a bike like that

andrewh
    Free Member

Said it was serviced recently. Maybe the bike shop set it up for him?
    (remind me not to take mine there…)

mrmchammer
    Free Member

ah yes, good spotting Columbo. Wow, id love to see how he sets up his first car…

Pieface

I’ve seen a few genuine owners of bikes who’ve made similar adjustments to their bikes.

Jamie
    Free Member

Wow, id love to see how he sets up his first car…

Really? Surely you have something more productive to be getting on with?

Like solving crimes etc…… 8)

radoggair
    Free Member

well his logos on his tyres match the rims. 🙂

highclimber
    Free Member

i’m not convinced there is anything wrong with this auction.

ampthill

His history goes back to 2007, mainly for buying bike bits….

GJP
    Free Member

Spelling doesn’t look too bad to me. Yes a number of mistakes, but not appalling – there has certainly been links to e-bay items where the spelling is laughable – but I wouldn’t say this was one.

If it was nicked would he really go to such lengths to make the bike look so odd, or is he just cunning.

donsimon
    Free Member

I’ve seen worse spelling and grammar here, so not really a reason for hanging, drawing or quartering him.
    I put a chainwheel on the wrong way round on the road bike a while ago and spelled a word incorrectly, should I report myself? 😉

trailmoggy
    Free Member

ive seen a few people ride with theyre levers like that, god knows how and why

that seatpost is just so wrong tho

uplink
    Free Member

Looks like he bought the frame back in June

But yes, the spelling is atrocious – he can’t be anything else but a thief 🙄

donsimon
    Free Member

Maybe it’s being sold because the top tube is too long and the only way the seller could ride it was with the seat post reversed!!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘dodgy looking ebay auction’ is closed to new replies.