Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Dodgy looking bloke on the Quantocks
  • krag
    Free Member

While I was riding on the Quantocks on Friday with my girlfriend we came across a dodgy looking bloke who appeared to be disposing of something in the woods near the Triscombe singletrack and it’s been bugging me since.

We were coming along the road and a car was parked up in front of us, as we approach a bloke comes jogging out of the woods in wellies looking well shifty. He gave me a dirty look and jumped in his car and drove off. He had his boot open and looked like he had some dead rabbits in there and there was a hell of a bad smell in the area. Why would he be chucking them in the woods though? He had a dog and a kid in the car with him. Just seemed a bit suspect and it’s been bugging me.

Let’s here your explanations…

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Poaching, or whatever the correct word is when you’re a’nicking rabbits.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

[image removed – Mod]

Let the cops know anyway if I was you. Mind clear.

And don’t go back there looking!

GlitterGary
    Free Member

It was me.

krag
    Free Member

Was tempted to go and have a look but it smelt pretty bad whatever it was and the missus wasn’t too keen on the idea. Could’ve just been flytipping or poaching I guess.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

hell of a bad smell in the area

How would that be poaching ?

Seems to me like he might have been getting rid of one of his victims as he couldn’t stand the stench any more.

Sounds well out of order him taking his kid along – do children really need to see that sort of stuff ?

Can’t explain the dead rabbits in the boot though 😕

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Was it Dibbs? He’s on the quantocks all the time and like all old people he stinks of piss.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

krag as long as you and missus didn’t have kinky sex etc then you should be ok as in murder movies they always die. 😉

Smell or not – don’t go back and just report it to cops on the phone and end of.

Krag goes back and taps guy on shoulder who turns around to say hello:

Looking for mushrooms and berries then? 😯

krag
    Free Member

What about non kinky sex? Am I still a dead man?

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Give me a few hrs of watching scary movies at 2am on my own to conclude this study.

But if he comes after you, use the girlfriend as a shield – you should be fine then.

martinxyz
    Free Member

How about the mods give you a few weeks ban for posting such a gruesome picture?

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Its a fake and probably useful as I’m packing for a 2 week vacation 8)

Sorry if it offends anyone and happy to do my punishment mods and become a roadie which is more horrific 😛

Pook

Getting rid of mixy rabbits?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Feeding foxes for the hunts? Supposedly never done but infact common practice to increaase fox numbers to be hunted. Carcases are put near fox dens

brack
    Free Member

Mods please remove the highly offensive image of that corpse… Please!

Some of us have the misfortune of having to see that at work, fake or not it still evokes horrible memories – the smell etc

I do not expect to see it on my day off and on a mountain biking forum.

Sorry to be a wuss but it is just WRONG.

lipseal
    Free Member

brack its a fake..but these two are real…

Don’t go down to the woods today!

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

It’s so obviously fake that I can’t say I find it especially offensive.

bassspine
    Free Member

It’s so obviously fake that I can’t say I find it especially offensive.

+1

I’ve seen nastier cakes.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I don’t know if you have ever seen this video before krag, but I reckon you should definitely see it now.
    Watch in full screen won’t you :

Chain v Chain

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I did not realise it was a fake. It’s clearly meant to look realistic. What other unacceptable images are OK to post as long as they are “fake”? 🙁 Please remove image.

CHB

The image is fine. Seen more offensive fake meat in my local kebab shop.

CHB

Actually the skin on that fake alien looks like those Matteson Fridge Raider chicken bites. Probably tastes the same too.

MrNutt
    Free Member

Baiting traps?
    Feeding “Dave”?
    Unscheduled disposal of last nights dinner?
    Scattering of body parts?

Let the old bill know, just incase

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Fair enough, it’s a fake image, but there’s something about it that I personally find unpleasant, to say the least. As brack says, when you actually have to deal with death on a regular basis, it soon loses any morbid facination, believe me. Get shut mods, please.

martinxyz
    Free Member

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Come on – it is obviously fake and you see worse on CSI/Bones etc and they are 15 rated. Aren’t you big boys?

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Thanks Mods (I was just emailing you there!)

Again Sorry folks I shall have more consideration in future if I ever post pics again. 😀

I just watched the Mummy horror flick while eating my dinner but not everyone can but its probably me from working in surgery and pathology labs combined with horror movies.

But still if offends people with weak stomachs etc then sure remove it quick!

Cheers Mod.

@mastiles_fanylion not everyone is hardened as us but you never know if someone has been to a funeral, childhood problems or bad experiences they might find it offensive and keep returning to look at it or eating their lunch and not feeling so good. When I worked in Forensics I found the smell was putting me off my lunch but I got used to it so the level of shock is lowered but if someone comes over a picture that might trigger an emotional response like Martin and others -then we should consider protecting them from such pictures.

martinxyz
    Free Member

I dont mind gore. I just like to know when its going to appear on the screen.Lots of folk use the site and i was just worried that it might upset some folk. My guts can handle it fine!

A funeral on wednesday probably didnt help either.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Dodgy looking bloke on the Quantocks’ is closed to new replies.