• This topic has 109 replies, 82 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by will.
Viewing 30 posts - 81 through 110 (of 110 total)
  • Doctored numberplates – your opinions please?
  • hora
    Free Member

Said it before and I will say it again- changing the font and amending the plate to make it look 'German' is a definite no no.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Meanwhile, in the Qs last October, Knottie quite liked this one…

Drac

How does 9 = P ??

9 = g !! See the similarity?

DUD3 d0|\|'7 j00Z |<|\|0\/\/ L337 5P33|< \/\/|-|3|\| j00Z 533 17.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

DUD3 d0|\|'7 j00Z |<|\|0\/\/ L337 5P33|< \/\/|-|3|\| j00Z 533 17.

OK, right. I see now.

NOT!!

😉

Pook

There's a company in sheffield called Ant Marketing. all their execs have ANT 1, ANT 2 etc. I think the lowliest exec I've seen so far has been ANT 33

skidartist
    Free Member

Not only should the people be fined for doctoring the plate, the company that did it should also be fined as there are rules now to getting new plates done, you have to produce your V5 along with 2 forms of ID, this all has to be logged if the DVLA do a check on the provider, PLUS even if you have a "P" plate its NOT your property, its DVLA property, you are just the gardian of it.(PS I have a "P" plate and it cost £143)before anyone has a go at me who knows me.

The non-standard spaced/font plates you see are sold as "show plates", they are nominally sold as being ornamental, stick them on your wall, stick them on a car in the forecourt or in a car show or in a museum. As such you don't need to prove anything about the car ownership to buy them as they are sold on the "understanding" that they won't be put on a road-going car.

Harry_the_Spider

Wannabe criminal scumbag round our way had something along the lines of

ROB83R

W4NK3R would have been more apt.

M6TTF
    Free Member

i find it amusing that people get so irritated by personal plates – it's not like they spent your money on it! If we were all the same life would be boring

Sidney
    Free Member

It pisses me off – a sure sign of getting older!

Steelsreal

enough said….

nicko74

Last week I saw one I'd heard of but not seen previously. DB7 and (IIRC) a Bentley parked outside a house in London, with the number plates 2 BE and NOT 2B respectively.

BE11 3ND…

Gingerbloke
    Free Member

MAG1C now on a 94 Isuzu Trooper,
    PEN 15 Not assigned to any vehicle. HPI today

And do these belong to Bernie Ecclestone?

davidrussell
    Free Member

theres a plumber round stirling way with

JOB 13Y

I thought that was a shit attempt at humour…

zigzag69
    Free Member

Butcher on the main road in Camelon has

M1 NCE

On his wee van.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Gingerbloke, I don't think so. They're just down the road from Flash Towers, and the Bentley has been replaced by a rather dull Mercedes. Plate remains, however.

I originally thought they were Ecclestone's, but then I spotted him leaving his house a little further inland from the moat.

edd

Our Vet has the plate:
    "OR51 VET" which could be read as: 'orsy vet

and our farrier has:
    "S1 HOD" which looks like "SHOD"

Both quite neat.

I've seen "5 NOW" (read "snow") in Les Gets

One of the Dad's at the school I went to had "2 BAD"

Teetosugars
    Free Member

There's a DB7 in Manchester with the reg P1LLS..

zokes
    Free Member

Somebody needs a reg plate with '100' on it….

Pauly

One of my mates in the early 90's had A10 ANM spaced to read A10AN M
    He was called Aidan M…

Cool plate.

Gingerbloke
    Free Member

Cheers CFH, just and urban myth then!!

sq225917
    Free Member

guy up the road from my parents has an old 500SL, 70's old, with the number plate DR X. Kiddy opposite my school originally owned WOW11OT (wow hot)which is on some famous Dodge now, and 5BEAN is owned by Sean Bean on his cheap ass TT.

Big-M
    Free Member

I always like it when the cheap skates have to have an explaination at the bottom of the plate, usually where the car garage details would have been…..sad!

MikeT-23
    Free Member

Going back to the original post – the amendment of plain old number plates using screw-caps or extraneous dots or non-regulation fonts etc., to attempt a reading different from the actual?
    Total twattery.
    The cars in question should be crushed, preferably with the owner still seated inside.

will
    Free Member
    Kato

I don't mind that plate. It's the correct font and spacing so wouldn't bother me

matt_outandabout

I have seen P 15 SED on a 911 🙂

matthewjb
    Free Member

And do these belong to Bernie Ecclestone?

I heard that the "2BE" and "NOT 2B" plates belong to a famous actor, which makes sense. Not sure which one though.

will
    Free Member

Kato – Member
    I don't mind that plate. It's the correct font and spacing so wouldn't bother me

I don't mind it. Just bloody funny 😆

Viewing 30 posts - 81 through 110 (of 110 total)

The topic ‘Doctored numberplates – your opinions please?’ is closed to new replies.