Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Do you remember your first
  • Alcopop
    Free Member

Hhmm 93 Claud Butler Zagato cast iron tubes lovely pink fade colour scheme,run it into the ground best fun ever sold it to a mate to finance the next bike think its still being used as a daily commute bike

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

GT Timberline, can’t recall what year exactly, but approx. 1994. I think I added some Ballistic sus forks in about 1997/98.

coastkid
    Free Member

had one of these in 1987/88…though my one was a smaller 18″,
    it still rides nice for an old un… 😮
    im lookin for a rear wheel cover for it too!

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

Mine was a pink Raleigh Mustang from about 1990. 20 years ago!! Dam I feel old it don’t seem two mins ago I was riding about on that. Cool thread. like all the old bikes good or bad. Makes a change from the ubber niche bags of money bikes we all see on here 🙂

HermanShake
    Free Member

Raleigh Mustang+1. Blue and white, single speed (way ahead of the game), riser bars, 16″ wheels. My first bike! :mrgreen:

ononeorange

A horrible, horrible Giant hybrid (with panniers – yay!) circa 1999 that weighed about 18 stone even before I got on it. It cost 99 quid from memory (new) and I rode it every week for about 6 months in the Surrey Hills. It was truly sh*te!

My brother still rides to the station across fields on it every day, despite it having been on life-support for the last 5 years!

RS4KEV

Wookster – Member
    SARACEN Rufftrax blue no sus loved it!!!

me too but had my biggest ever off on it. of course i can jump that……

clubber
    Free Member

1991 Marin Pine Mountain that I bought second hand for £500 in 1994. Loved it from the go.

gnusmas

my first was (shock horror) a barracuda snakebite. on my first ever trail ride in Brechfa (before the marked trails) the forks seized up, pedals stopped spinning, lost 5 of my gears, brakes didn’t work, bottom bracket fell to bits.

upgraded everything within the next 2 months!!!!

timmys

20 years ago, aged 13, Raleigh Discovery in the classic “he’ll grow into it” size.

Still lives in my folk’s garage;

philconsequence
    Free Member

black bmx, dad ran over it in his company car, never got replaced.

Nobby

’88 Rockhopper. Nice shade of blue with hideous yellow & pink graphics.

Rich_s

Tim Gould Peugeot Team replica…

Closely followed by 1st “proper” bike – Diamond Back Ascent EX

zangolin
    Free Member

Time to wheel out this old photo again of me up near Chorley in 1985 – a young Andy Oldham of Merlin Cycles in the background. 1985 Saracen Conquest. First MTB race won in a skinsuit?

Karinofnine

1984 – Saracen Conquest

ibnchris

+1 for pink raleigh mustang. loved it. First experience of bike related grief when someone ran it over repeatedly in the train station car park because they couldn’t get the lock off to steal it.

votchy
    Free Member

2004 bought an ’03 Giant NRS3 with upgrade to Hope Mini brakes, frame and fork lying in corner of garage

stevomcd
    Free Member

1992 Dawes Die-Hard. Awesome lime green details!

Got nicked in about 2002.

sharki
    Free Member

Orange C16R in about 1996.

Didn’t know to much about mountain biking and what i did know,kinda freaked me out,so i never took it of road and put slicks straight on it from new.

Claud butler cape wrath in 2004, was the first bike i threw down a muddy woodland trail.

Badger
    Free Member

1992 Raleigh – no idea which one.

Felt like it was made of cast iron, the ride feel was hard (you felt every tiny bit of grit on the road or trail as a punch in the arse from the saddle!

Gears worked as if possessed – i.e. they did whatever the hell they liked when they liked!

awful awful thing – and for some mad reason I sold my light weight thin tubed steel classic road bike to get this monstrosity. Didn’t off-road much on it as my body could only take that much abuse occasionally!

It got hit by a car when chained up outside a pub in my final year at uni and was replaced by a Marin Pine Mountain which was a lovelly bike.

zangolin
    Free Member

Karinofnine – Member
    1984 – Saracen Conquest

Another person with great taste in 1st MTBs 😆

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Do you remember your first’ is closed to new replies.