• This topic has 77 replies, 66 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Solo.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 78 total)
  • Do you look your age ?
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Im going to be 40 in July and I can honestly say I don’t look it…most people can’t believe I’m that old and say I look early 30s ! 😈

(i don’t act my age either…)

Do you look your age ?

Are we as a whole retaining our youthful looks for longer ?( different industries these days and we are a lot less hard working)

Houns

Nope I don’t

matt_outandabout

I didn’t by a long shot until a few years ago (41 now). The drink, drugs, nicotine and a very strange couple of years seem to have caught up all of a sudden and sorted that one out good and proper – look about 50 now 😥

maccruiskeen

I look pretty well kept for my age (42 nearly). But I’m fine with that. However I look exactly the same when I was 20, when everyone used to think I was a mature student. When I was a kid I was asked for my driving license as ID when I was opening a bank savings account. It was just before christmas. I explained that I was 13 and the bank clerk very quickly snatched the complimentary glass of sherry back off me.

Creg

I turn 30 in a couple of months, people think I am only 21. I still get asked for ID.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

OP, is this you?

😉

Northwind

I’m getting there… Haven’t been id’d in an offy recently so that’s progress.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

perhaps ?

but no sorry

curvature
    Free Member

Interesting thread this one as I look younger than my 43 years.

When I was younger I hated looking younger but now it’s great!!!

Early on in my working days though I do think that looking younger hindered my career as people that looked older seemed to get promoted a lot quicker.

I genuinely think that my days in the rave scene helped the ageing process to slow down if you know what I mean 😉

ton

……and a bit more. 😐

twohats
    Free Member

I get asked for ID quite regularly at the off license. I turned 42 last month!

labsey
    Free Member

Beard = yes.
    Clean shaven = no.

garage-dweller

Not sure. Think i am weathering badly but as i am still breathing and in decent health (apart from excess pie retention) i try not to.think about it!

allthegear
    Free Member

People tell me I look younger than 42. I certainly behave a lot younger!!

Rachel

tang
    Free Member

Not me. 37 and look like a pretty 20year old when I’m clean shaven. Being 1/2 Indian I get good skin, plus thick black hair. Bonus is I get the height/slimness from my English half.

Drac

I get asked for ID quite regularly at the off license. I turned 42 last month!

Pensioners discount?

landcruiser
    Free Member

Without pics this is nonsense ! 🙂

CountZero

No.
    And as I don’t have any photos, you’ll just have to take my word for it.

flap_jack
    Free Member

I was told I look exactly like that poor organist murdered in Sheffield. He was 68. I’m 52…

bearnecessities

37 and look like a pretty 20year old when I’m clean shaven

Phnarr..

Mister-P
    Free Member

What should a person of a certain age look like? Who are we using as a benchmark?

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Without pics this is nonsense

… And almost certainly lies.

wukfit
    Free Member

Agree without pics this is pretty shoddy,
    I still get asked for Id every now and then
    The best thing to do when they ask if you have Id is to just say yes and carry on, or give it to them and when they give it back say “so how old am I?”
    From my viewpoint the years have not been kind to me

SaxonRider

I’ll be 41 in March and get told all the time that I look nothing close to my age. The usual guess is early 30s.

That said, I HATED looking young when I was, well, young, but now I love it.

miketually
    Free Member

Here’s a dirty photo of me in the buff: http://instagram.com/p/SK_EDDN-2Q/

How old am I?

SaxonRider

miketually – Member

How old am I?

42?

Houns

Mike I know the answer!

ps44
    Free Member

It’s not how old you look, it’s what you do with it. Or something.
    Anyway, last year’s MOT at the doctor, I ask the nurse if they’re going to do a prostate blood test (PSA). Nah she says, we don’t do it for 40 year olds. Umm, I’m 56.
    Should have seen her face when she checked the records 😳

miketually
    Free Member

Mike I know the answer!

The answer’s there if you click through to my Instagram profile, because the last photo is me on my 21st birthday and I give the date 🙂

dobo
    Free Member

i dont but then i dont drink 0 cal fizzy…

Houns

Too much like hard work

I’d post a pic of me but cba as its a pita on my eyePad

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

47 – a fair bit of grey hair on the sides and a bit of a monk patch going on, but in the last few months I’ve had quite a few people (of both sexes) say I don’t look anything like my age. I receive such comments gratefully 😀

bikebouy
    Free Member

Phah No,no I don’t look my age. However I have recently grown a decent lick of stubble and I do have grey hairs in there, so I’d still say no, so do others, but without riding much this year I FEEL old.. 😉

oldgit
    Free Member

Do you look your age ?

**** yeah

cynic-al
    Free Member

As labsey.

br
    Free Member

First time someone called me ‘Sir’ I thought I must be now starting to look old enough, then I realised it was because I was driving a (hire) Jaguar.

Now I’m old enough to both own a Jag, and look right driving it…

psling
    Free Member

Most men who keep active and fit think they look younger than they are because they feel younger than they are. But, sorry to disappoint, most of you don’t. Even though some people may comment that you do, people generally guess on the low side so as not to cause offence. I think that I look younger than I am, some people are surprised when I tell them my age but in reality I’m only kidding myself because I don’t… I just think I do 😳

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Apparently not.

Lining up at the start of a vets race.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/40682990@N06/8381848778/in/photostream

druidh
    Free Member

Apparently not.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 78 total)

The topic ‘Do you look your age ?’ is closed to new replies.