• This topic has 77 replies, 66 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Solo.
Viewing 38 posts - 41 through 78 (of 78 total)
  • Do you look your age ?
  • grantway
    Free Member

Nope more like 8 years younger

zippykona

I finally match my haircut.

footflaps

I looked much older than I was for years (as I went grey at 30). I’m guessing that eventually I’ll catch up with my hair and look about right….

EDIT: The plus side was it worked wonders for career advancement….

edlong
    Free Member

I’ve seemingly looked like I’m in my mid thirties forever. This was crap when I was 20, but now I’m 39, it’s finally started to be less bad I suppose.

Kit
    Free Member

No.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Several people recently mistook me for 35 when im 43. But they were all older people.

Cougar

If we all look younger than we are (I do too) then either,

a) mountain biking takes years off you or, more likely,

b) people generally overestimate age.

I sport a beard at least in part to try and look my age; without it, I look about 12.

legend
    Free Member

31 years old and I got ID’d for WD-40 last month

/thread

mboy
    Free Member

Have been ID’d a couple of times in the last 12 months to get into a Nightclub, or buy booze. I’m 32!

Like others have said already though, I do look drastically different when clean shaven to when I have some facial hair. I can’t grow a full beard, but get pretty close, and with it I definitely look my age. But clean shaven, people regularly assume I’m at least 10 years younger than I am.

I’m back at uni at the moment, studying part time for a degree. My classmates (who are all 19-22 aside from one) were gobsmacked when I told them how old I was, they had all assumed I was their age! Certainly a few of them look a lot worse for wear than I do, that’s for sure…

dux
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart- Where did you get that picture? I’m sure i know him, well met him a few years back

flippinheckler
    Free Member

No but the way this years going so far I will be 🙁

righog
    Free Member

Well I recently said that had always looked and felt the age I am at the time.

The quick as a flash reply was… That’s very handy for Birthdays 😀

rickon
    Free Member

Nope. I’m 31 and still get ID’d 🙂 One chap in tesco at the till was 19, and wouldn’t believe I was older than 21.

My missus is 40 this year, and got told by my younger friend thought she was 29.

WIN.

Maybe it’s the delorean I drive and Nike hi-tops I wear…. hang on a minute that doesn’t quite work…

Still…. I could be 21. WIN.

brooess
    Free Member

Regular cyclists have the body of someone 10 years younger apparently (although roadies have more grey hair from the shock of all the close passes!)
    I think I look young for my age. It’s great 🙂

sputnik
    Free Member

You lot claiming to look younger than you are , stop talking bollox and blowing smoke up your own arses. Like others have said, this thread is worthless without pics. Don’t bother replying on here making false claims without backing it up with a (recent) pic.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

As a non smoker I’ve not blowed any smoke up my own arse, and I claim I look 10 years younger so there.

sputnik
    Free Member

🙂
    Proof?

Woody
    Free Member

I didn’t by a long shot until a few years ago (41 now). The drink, drugs, nicotine and a very strange couple of years seem to have caught up all of a sudden and sorted that one out good and proper – look about 50 now

I am very familiar with that one 🙁

53 now and don’t feel it and my GF (41) says I don’t look or act my age.

In summary I couldn’t give a shit because I’m very content with things as they are 😀

_tom_
    Free Member

Yeah, I’m 24 and probably look about 18/19. Always get ID’d everywhere unless I haven’t had a shave for a while.

seadog101

Not so much looking younger than I really am, but people don’t believe I’m old enough to have a 16 year old daughter. I’m 44, so plenty old enough for that in the general sense.

I think it’s the gingerish hair which is still plenty colourful that helps, and none too haggered skin.

simmy
    Free Member

I’m 35 and a student of mine wouldn’t believe I was older than 27 until I got my Drivng Licence out.

Like other members have put, I look younger clean shaven.

Which is probably why I’ve just started seeing a 20 year old…….

toxicsoks
    Free Member

No………….but the guesses are getting closer to the reality than they used to, unfortunately. 😐

mboy
    Free Member

Nope. I’m 31 and still get ID’d One chap in tesco at the till was 19, and wouldn’t believe I was older than 21.

My missus is 40 this year, and got told by my younger friend thought she was 29.

To be fair, you’re the one person I know roughly the same age as me, who looks even younger! But that Zoe is 40 this year does surprise me! I had her down as maybe 2/3 years older than you tops…

You lot claiming to look younger than you are , stop talking bollox and blowing smoke up your own arses.

Haha. Bitter? Much?

It’s not just the cycling, you’ll find that most people who look younger than they are haven’t yet been weighed down with family life and all the trimmings. By the same token that many of us claim to (and probably do) look a lot younger than we are, there’s lots of guys out there (and I suggest many of them won’t post on here about it cos they’d be too embarrassed) that have the opposite problem. I know guys younger than me that you’d swear were 10-15 years older than me, just to look at them. In fact, I had a customer in the shop the other day, was just buying a couple of bits after he’d been out for a ride. He was talking about “trying to get out more, but it’s difficult with the job, the kids etc etc.” to us, and was also saying about how it’s good to be finally trying to get back into shape after years of bodily abuse and marriage and kids etc. He looked easily 42 I’d have said, if not older.

He was 34, only 2 years older than me! I’ve been ID’d more than once inside the last 12 months to see if I was over 18…

user-removed
    Free Member

Much the same as TAFKAS on page one – 40 this year and up until very recently (well, mid-30s) I looked quite young for my age but over the last few years, despite giving up smoking and not having any illegals for over a decade, I suddenly look 40.

Still act like a 12 year old though. Oh, and I’m not scared – this is me on my stag do four years ago…

hels
    Free Member

Sorry to be a pedant (OK not really) but if you are 42, then that is what 42 looks like, you can only look your age.

People may think you are younger but that’s their perception and they are probably being polite, that doesn’t mean you look younger, as you look the age you are, you can’t look anything else, it’s illogical, Captain.

P.S and you can only ever be yourself, even if you are trying to be somebody else, you are then just you trying to be somebody else, but still you.

sputnik
    Free Member

Thank you Hels for clearing this one up.
    Now move on people , nothing to see here…

marcus7
    Free Member

Well I’m 43 today and a recent survey in the sandwich shop put me at 36! Nice one!

PrinceJohn

I apparently don’t look my age – but my gf occasionally gets id’d for lottery tickets. At 32…

smiththemainman
    Free Member

45 yr old but on my most recent visit to hospital told I had the lungs of a 27 yr old!!! then again dont know if this is good or bad, suppose it depends which 27 yr old , im taking it as good and that 30+ years of rugby and cycling has been beneficial!!!

peterfile
    Free Member

nice try user-removed 🙂

“I’m 40, here’s a picture of me when I was 36”

rudebwoy
    Free Member

its not what you look like, vain twunts– its how you behave that really matters. 😉

whats the point in looking young and acting old ?

psling
    Free Member

peterfile – Member
    nice try user-removed

“I’m 40, here’s a picture of me when I was 36”

Plus the photo just goes to prove that it’s all a matter of perception because you certainly don’t look younger than 36 there and I’d have put you at older than that!

I got ID’d the other day. That’ll teach me to try and get OAP concessions… 😉

rudebwoy
    Free Member

there is a over 55 train offer, pleased that i can use it without fuss 😉

ononeorange

Agree with Hels. You are what you are and anything else is other’s perceptions.

For what it’s worth, other’s perceptions of me have always been that I am older. At 18 at college most people thought I was late 20’s; now most people seem to assume mid-50’s (I am mid-40’s-ish but it’s actually a bonus as I feel mid-60’s).

fervouredimage
    Free Member

I have no idea how old I look really. Never really gave it much thought or can remember a time when someone commented.

More importantly though I still don’t feel any different to when I was 18. I’m not sure at what point I’m supposed to feel like a grown up. 30 isn’t the point.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

I have alwasy been laughed at when telling people my age, not in a good way, turned 41 yesterday and can’t actually beleive it, it’s not like I feel mature or anything, still enjoy a comedy fart moment everyday…

lilchris
    Free Member

there’s lots of guys out there (and I suggest many of them won’t post on here about it cos they’d be too embarrassed) that have the opposite problem.

That’ll be me then.
    24 here. Only ever been ID’d twice since turning 18.
    Started loosing hair around 16 though, and my facial fluff is white!!

Solo
    Free Member

Do you look your age ?

Apparently not.

Viewing 38 posts - 41 through 78 (of 78 total)

The topic ‘Do you look your age ?’ is closed to new replies.