Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Do I need to worry about… (Yeti content)
  • Kryton57

…broken ASR-5 rear triangles?

Having just informed a few mates I’ve ordered an ASR-5, I’m hearing horror stories.

Its not to late to cancel….?

steve_b77
    Free Member

nah you’ll get a new one under warranty

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

ive heard of a few, but you hear of more people loving the asr5, so i’d take a punt to be honest. very nice bikes!

bennyboy1
    Free Member

Yeti’s cracking, never… 😉

I was amazed to see a 2 week old ASR-5 Carbon with cracked chainstays earlier this year… 🙁

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

This thread offered so much.

Kryton57

Im scared now. Its taken 6 weeks of bike testing to arrive at the bike of desire, only to find this a day after I pulled the trigger….

🙁

votchy
    Free Member

Mate of mine rear triangle disintegrated in a comedy dismount, was replaced under warranty with a 575

Mister-P
    Free Member

Should have stuck to the Apollo.

ruscle
    Free Member

Don’t listen to any of the tripe about these frames failing, this was all in the very early days of these frames, over 2 years now. Yeti have sorted this and you get a 5 year warranty anyway. I have been thrashing mine on some serious terrain and off some good drops of at least 4 feet all at a fast pace as I don’t really hold back. I have been very reckless with this frame and have never had any concerns with its strength. You will love this frame….end of thread.

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

ruscle, it is a great frame….but recent ones have failed too im afraid

Kryton57

ruscle – Member
    Don’t listen to any of the tripe about these frames failing, this was all in the very early days of these frames, over 2 years now. Yeti have sorted this and you get a 5 year warranty anyway. I have been thrashing mine on some serious terrain and off some good drops of at least 4 feet all at a fast pace as I don’t really hold back. I have been very reckless with this frame and have never had any concerns with its strength. You will love this frame….end of thread.

As have STW….

This is a 2011 frame so should be ok eh?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Do I need to worry about… (Yeti content)

I worry about him sometimes

nah you’ll get a new one under warranty

ah – thats OK then. Do we send the old one back?

ruscle
    Free Member

Yep, I got mine at the very start of the year and its a 2011 frame, just go out and thrash it, mine loves me for it! I also run mine with around 40% sag so it rides a little softer.

Kryton57

i ran a test bike at 30% sag – we are talking about southern singletrack though, not many rocky drops where i ride, just occasional lakes/wales visits.

bigsi
    Free Member

I’d be worried about ANY warranty issue which involved dealing with Silverfish!

Shocking bunch of cowboys from what I’ve seen.

ruscle
    Free Member

Sounds about where you want it, my sag does vary depending on weight of pack, somewhere between 35%-40% I just like to feel sat in the bike. I felt like I was being tipped forward if ran it at 20%-25% and I used to run my Trek EX the same. I run around 165psi in the rear shock and never use the pro pedal.

ruscle
    Free Member

Your always going to deal with the shop you got it from not silverfish them selves so who cares what you may have heard about them bigsl…..

scruzer
    Free Member

No

lesa
    Free Member

Humm Just had the OK for me to get an ASR 5 early next year so should I ???????????

Awe Uck it I’ll start saving my coppers for one ( many pounds really ).

ssjeff
    Free Member

I have been thrashing mine on some serious terrain and off some good drops of at least 4 feet all at a fast pace as I don’t really hold back.

Your videos tell a very different story…

jimmy

All bikes snap, but the ASR-5 is a dam good laugh before it does.

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

I’d be worried about ANY warranty issue which involved dealing with Silverfish!

Shocking bunch of cowboys from what I’ve seen.

Bit harsrh Bigsi.

If you do a search on here you’ll find we always do our best and are often praised for doing so. Oh and we may be from rural Cornwall but we’re definetly NOT cowboys!

As I’ve always said – drop me a mail directly if you have any issues that you want me to look into

richie@silverfish-uk.com

Kryton57

Richie, there’s a chap called fraser here:

http://bikemagic.com/forums/showthread.php?105235-Yeti-575-broken-carbon-rear-triangle

… who probably would mind you contacting him.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

a bit late to the party here but have to say that my ASR5 has held up well to some rough stuff when I have actually been able to ride it this year. Not that I am riding crazy stuff but I am quite clumsy and weigh in at 100kg or there abouts….

bunnerscj
    Free Member

I broke my carbon rear ended ‘Yeti Big Top’

Oh dear !

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Do I need to worry about… (Yeti content)’ is closed to new replies.