Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • DMR Bolt video
  • _tom_
    Free Member

Not sure if this has been posted yet, sorry if it has. Makes it look like such a fun bike to ride!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nClULfpZTug[/video]

I’m a bit of a DMR fanboy so I’m very keen to have a go on one of these, seems like it would make a good UK dh/play bike and ideal for my kind of riding which is similar to that in the video, I just go slower. It seems kind of heavy at about 9lbs but really thats very similar to my Bullit and a Bottlerocket, and mine’s only 37lbs with pretty heavy parts so it could be lightened up a bit.

althepal

Linkee no workee..
    Am I doing something wrong?
    Shame, sounds fun!!

mamadirt
    Free Member

That does look fun – better without the music at this time of the morning though 😕 . 9lbs isn’t bad for a steel frame – my Uzzi frame and shock is over 9lbs. If only they did a shorter one . . .

Clink

great vid

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Really? I’ve watched that vid a few times and it may be the trails they’re riding but it looks ‘uncomfortable’. And 9lb for a 4″ travel frame whether its built to take a hiding or not seems madness.

shinsplints

It appears that “RAY” chap has his sisters jeans on.

_tom_
    Free Member

it looks ‘uncomfortable’.

Not really sure what you mean by this. Riders body position looks odd or what?

Sort of agree with the weight thing but then a Bottlerocket frame is 9lbs and that’s 5-6″ travel (this is 4.9″ I believe), and this is made of steel so should be a bit stronger? I’m wondering how well the BB pivot works for pedalling on though, and whether it would absorb braking bumps etc very well?

jedi

i have no idea how heavy my bottelrocket frame is but the shop weighed my bike at 34lbs 🙂 i seen the dmr in the flesh and it looks like a kids metalwork project

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘DMR Bolt video’ is closed to new replies.