Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • DIY Diddy DH fenders?
  • cookeaa

Right after watching the WC DH and noticing most of the bikes had little fenders, I’ve decided to follow fashion and switch from using a DIY mudflap type arrangement on my DH bike (old bit of inner tube between the crowns) to a discrete little lower brace mounted fender (probably made from an old plastic milk bottle as a bit of a trial

So Who’s got some inspirational pictures/annecdotes/tips then?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Muckynutz Bender Fender is just what you want, just order one of theirs.

cookeaa

Muckynutz Bender Fender is just what you want, just order one of theirs.

No its not, I much prefer the bodged for 5p look, I shell steal their idea (which they probably stole off of some innovative individual the interwebz anyway) and not pay them a penny… much like I would never willingly hand my money over to RRP for a “Neo guard”…

I’m not paying ~£8 for a bit of hole punched plastic and a couple of zip ties….

Show me some DIY people.

Conan257
    Free Member

I’m on this in the next few days… I’ve every plan to make a small guard for the back of my forks, ziptied to the uppers. Probably make the same for the rear too which will help keep cack off the shock.

coynie09
    Free Member

My Diy Muckynutz Bender Fender

XXX
    Free Member

don’t use a milk bottle, I did and the noise when crap hits it sounds like the forks were about to fall off. you need a plastic with better acoustic properties. I ended up buying a mucky nutz….

carlphillips
    Free Member

I used a milk bottle fender on my dh bike, it was ok.
    the plastic does need to be a bit thinner though noise wasn’t that much of a problem.
    am looking for different materials but have yet to find anything suitable lying around.

cookeaa

coynie09 that looks like a good effort, what did you use there?

coynie09
    Free Member

Plastic centre of a 4×4 spare wheel cover this was my first attempt had to change bits to make it fit better will take another pic when fitted on bike

randomjeremy
    Free Member

Just think, in the time you’ve already wasted thinking about this you could have ordered and have fitted a muckynutz/neoguard

GW
    Free Member

2l plastic bottle (coke/irn bru etc.) gives enough material to cut a muckynutz copy.

actually, tesco do savers water in 2l bottles for the uber-pikey 😉

coynie09
    Free Member

Northwind

Plastic bottles are a wee bit nasty to work with (pre-curved, can be jaggy). I liberated a load of plastic document covers from work that work a charm though 😉

warpcow
    Free Member

A4 folders are the shiznit. If you’re clever about cutting you’ll get about 3-4 out of one.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘DIY Diddy DH fenders?’ is closed to new replies.