Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)
  • DIY Bikelights
  • nibby
    Free Member

Ruscle,

I dont suppose you have any pics of them on the trail do you? I’ve seen the ones on the forum but wanted to see a few more shots?

Also I notice your went for smudge’s battery. Was there a reason for this? Are they better than the Lipo’s that golddigger’s come with?

cheers

The-milkybar-kid
    Free Member

Hi a week odd ago i asked for a price on the Tripple cute XML light but i lost all my emails,can you email me the price agian please your mail dont seen to work in your profile.
    cheers
    nige.

Steelsreal

so I have my LEd board, my optic, my driver, just struggling to find a heatsink without resorting to machine shops..

PLanning on using my old rush (trailtech) hid housing, so could do with a decent waterproof switch with an LED and rear mounted…

Done the usual searches but can’t find anything at rapid RS etc so would appreciate any tips and pointers for UK suppliers…

Taff
    Free Member

Stoner / redthunder – how good are those lights say in comaprison to a DE type light? I’m contemplating trying a build using something like THIS [based on the pond scum light] rather than the B&Q method meerly for aesthetics only.

Also thinking about using the same 12v20w bulb as you have done so as I understand it I could use one of Smudges 14.8v batteries although it may get hot if not air cooled. What battery did you use? Did you both go lead acid from Maplin or similar?

Stoner
    Free Member

i use a smudge 14.8v that normally runs my trout liberator.
    Its only a pub light, so I only have it on for ten minutes.
    Its not really comparable with a DX light (LEDs and LiIOn batteries have come along way since halogen MR16 lamps), more a jokey bit of fun.

ruscle
    Free Member

No pictures yet, the flood produced is huge and they carry at least 75meters down the trail and then fades out. I normally ride with 2 lights, 1 on the bars and 1 on the helmet but you could easily get away with just the tripplecute on the bars.

I used smudges batteries as slightly lighter and require less care to prolong the life apart from storing in the fridge.

The-milkybar-kid
    Free Member

ruscle can you mail me goldiggers email please agian i lost it.

jere
    Free Member

Goldigger ygm

Goldigger
    Free Member

Sorry guys just noticed my email address in my profile was wrong…now updated.

jere
    Free Member

ygm to your new email address

Goldigger
    Free Member

Quick update to this thread…I’ve now started to anodise my lights..

:mrgreen: Twins..

slimjim78
    Free Member

Goldigger – have PMed you via MTBR (jamieledzep)

Goldigger
    Free Member

New addition to the light collection…
    Uses a single XM-L U2 bin, 975 lumens approx.
    3.7v 6200mah Li-Ion battery (uses 2 panasonic NCR18650’s)

Goldigger
    Free Member

I’ve got a Gold helmet light going if anyone is interested..email addy is in my profile..
    1 X Cree XML U2 975 lumens
    Lflex driver set to 3 levels
    Battery uses Panasonic NCR18650 cells 6200mah

Goldigger
    Free Member

The latest creation..
    Triple XM-L2 with a b3flex..uses a 14.8v battery..

Goldigger
    Free Member

Another triple XM-L collecting dust on the shelf..
    Uses a h6flex and a 14.8v battery..

Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)

The topic ‘DIY Bikelights’ is closed to new replies.