Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • District 9 OR Surrogates?
  • bobster
    Free Member

I'm only going to get the chance to see one, so which one?

robgarrioch

Haven't seen either but by reviews District 9 sounds by far the better movie; original, interesting, well put together, pleases many genres. Whilst Surrogates sounds like a remake of 'I, Robot' (the recent film).

grumm
    Free Member

Dunno about Surrogates but District 9 is awesome.

nickc

District 9 is good, runs out of steam half way and descends into normal "Hollywood" shoot 'em up stuff. Not seem Surrogates

jonb
    Free Member

Not seen district 9 but surrogates was ok. It's not going to get an oscar and the plot is predictable but it's fun and engaging; I left entertained which is good enough for me.

sslowpace
    Free Member

District 9 is very good and highly reccomended.
    Surrogates is by the numbers sci-fi that was alright, but nothing new.

dobo
    Free Member

was i hallucinating the other night when i saw district 13 on tv? was french..

Verbal-Kint
    Free Member

district 9 by a long way

schrickvr6
    Free Member

That's Banlieue 13, a sort of parkoury gangstery type thingymejig.

Another vote for District 9 though.

Jamie
    Free Member

District 9….or Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs.

SaboteurCherie
    Free Member

Seen both. Surrogates was a bit of a let down I have to say. District 9 was brilliant and devoid of all Hollywood cliches.

brakes
    Free Member

District 9 is a great film, not amazing or mind-blowing, but it's got sci-fi, mech, horror and gore all rolled in
    Seems to take good bits from all the great sci-fi films and meld them into something original
    I think it would have made a great epic, but it's 'only' 2 hours long – hoping there'll be a director's cut on DVD

I actually watched it twice – my kinda film

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘District 9 OR Surrogates?’ is closed to new replies.