Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • District 9
  • grantway
    Free Member

Just seen one total crap film

pedalhead
    Free Member

I really liked it 😀

nuke

Me too 😀

brakes
    Free Member

brilliant film

ex-pat
    Free Member

I liked it too. Not 'deep' but a good yarn.
    Preferred men who stare at goats though, but that's never been that well received…

duntmatter
    Free Member

Ace film! You're not having a good night, are you grantway? 😥

Houns

Was a bit meh. Kinda didn't know what type of film it wanted to be

DrRSwank
    Free Member

Strewth – I thought it was gash as well.

Done a million times before as a story, and the special effects were rubbish.

I keep seeing crap films on planes. District 9 was one as was Surrogate(?) – a stupid Bruce Willis thing where he had some kind of robot running around for him while he vegged at home.

But District 9 was worse.

rOcKeTdOg

was it not "hollywood" enough for you 🙄

DrRSwank
    Free Member

No – it was just boring.

swavis

I really liked it too. Wasn't exactly what I expected when it started but it kinda grew on me the more I watched.

el_boufador

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's wrong with you?

I thought it were ace!

DrRSwank
    Free Member

What was ace about it?

An annoyingly badly acted South African tries to relocate some annoying cat food eating aliens.

The man gets infected by special alien juice and starts turning into one.

He finds a respect for said aliens.

Said stupid aliens then screw him over by escaping (just one of them like) onto their stupid ship, that no-one ever explains why it didn't fly away in the first place.

Said selfish alien then bogs off, leaving human:alien mutant and all other aliens to rot in South Africa.

It was RUBBISH!

momo

I really liked District 9, but as DrRSwank said above, Surrogates was not a good film.

bigsi
    Free Member

Ok I'll spell it out for you. Its about apartheid and the way the ruling whites treated the blacks in the townships.

I thought it was obvious 🙄

bassspine
    Free Member

I really enjoyed it. Not your usual hollywood story, well told, with good cgi. Admittedly there were some huge plotholes…

DrRSwank
    Free Member

Exactly Bigsi. It's been done a load of times before – without having to dumb the subject down with aliens.

I'm surprised they didn't have Yoda as Nelson Mandela!

jon1973
    Free Member

Best film I've seen in ages.

Ok I'll spell it out for you. Its about apartheid and the way the ruling whites treated the blacks in the townships.

I thought it was obvious

Obvious, but SFW? It doesn't detract from it being a good film imo.

headfirst
    Free Member

Disappointed after all the hype, distinctly average, even with the (laboured) apartheid analogy.

bigsi
    Free Member

I enjoyed it even if it has been done before 😛

Vilners, you been **** a brawn ? 😆

Underhill
    Free Member

District 9 – enjoyed

Men Who Stare At Goats – loved it

Daffy

"fookin Prawns"

lowey

One of the best films I've watched in years.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Its up there alongside Starship Troopers as a great modern day sci fi film

samuri
    Free Member

Yeah, I thought it was quite good too. Quite different to most of the stuff coming out of hollywood. I'd liked the style of it.

Again, reading this thread, I feel that people who take films too seriously should reconsider what movies are for. It's not a thesis. It's fun, like cycling.

Northwind

I enjoyed it, not sure why the FX are being criticised? They weren't showy but they were pretty solid, getting things to feel and move right is more important than making it all super pretty. It'll date well, I think. Very good aliens.

i_am_JC
    Free Member

Watched it earlier and enjoyed it. Decent enough film.
    What do some of you want from your films? It was watchable and better than a lot of other films.
    Not a modern classic but it seems that some people just want to find fault with stuff.

CountZero

Agree with i_am_JC, some people seem to have incredibly high standards; if they think District 9, done on a low budget, was crap, then what constitutes a good film, in their opinion? I really enjoyed it, but I go to the cinema to be entertained, not to be lectured or come out miserable and depressed. If I wanted that, I'd stay in and watch East-bloody-Enders!

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘District 9’ is closed to new replies.