Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Dishwasher knackered?
  • charliemort

Any dishwasher bods out there?

Ours sometimes keeps on running (all night), and the water doesn't get hot. When you open it in then floods water all over the floor. If you change it to another programme it clears itself.

Could it just be a a blocked outlet or something more major? It's over 15 years old so definitely not worth spending money on. Tend to think it's time to bin it

cheers

charlie

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Pulls up chair – our aging beast exhibits similar behaviour and am inclined to bin it as well……

GrahamS

Dishwasher knackered?

Either give her a slap or trade her in for a younger model?

Flaperon

Is it a Miele?

bristolbiker
    Free Member

GrahamS – I did… and the dishwasher still doesn't work!

charliemort

no – Hotpoint I think

GaryLake
    Free Member

Those bottles of finish dishwasher cleaner have brought ours back from the dead a few times – worth a punt for a few quid.

BigJohn

Try turning it upside down, seeing if there is a filter that you can get at, or if not, just shake your head and turn it back upright again.

That's worked with mine sometimes, there might be a loose blockage or airlock that gets shifted.

Last time we had this problem, the mender poured a load of caustic soda crystals into the outflow at the bottom. He says that's about the only thing you can do. It didn't work on mine so I tried some 97% conc acid drain cleaner. That killed it.

stuey
    Free Member

Pancake day lemon pip kept jamming our impeller – took ages to bail out and finally diagnose.

goog
    Free Member

**** planet rapers !

buy a bowl and sum washing up liquid

ken_shields
    Free Member

charliemort

Got a Hotpoint dishwasher for sale (4 yrs old, fully working – £50?) if you're interested. We're getting a new integrated one with our new kitchen

Cheers

Ken

charliemort

outlet pipe was kinked when I pulled it out last night – could that do it?

Ken – ygm………..

ChrisE
    Free Member

sounds like the machine is not emptying so hence keeps running.

filters blocked,
    Pump not working
    outflow pipe kinked/blocked

should be v simple to fix, even if (at the worst) it means replacing pump.

C

whytetrash

Brain died on my hotpoint after 12 yrs…I wasn't arsed but mrs insisted we get a new one…£180 Beko is head and shoulders better than old one! loads quieter and cleaner dishes…happy days

BigJohn

Only one way to find out…try it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Dishwasher knackered?’ is closed to new replies.