Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Disc wear
  • z1ppy

How thin do you let you disc’s get before replacing them?… Not an issue I’ve had before, but my rear Hope floating disc that looking quite/very deperately thin

parkesie
    Free Member

Ive not worn a disc out and ive had the same pair for 6 years and countless disc pads.

wwaswas

if you’re worried replace it would be my advice. I hate riding kit I’m not sure about.

a pic might help others judge, though.

xiphon
    Free Member

ditto – never replaced any discs through wear – only when they got bent beyond repair.

Only just retired a c.2001 5-bolt Hope 185mm rotor ( upgraded bulb shell to 6-bolt)

nickjb
    Free Member

Just about to replace the hayes disks on the mrs bike. They have a very thin rib between the large holes which has worn to a pronounced curve, not a great design. As above, all other disks have never been close to wearing. For the sake of a tenner I’d replace (unless you are sticking with hope floaters)

RealMan
    Free Member

Maybe email hope?

z1ppy

I can only agree with the posts above, this will be the first disc I’ve ever retired, but it is noticably worn unlike all my others.

Trouble is Hope floating disc’s are not £10 more like £30 from a quick search (black-160mm-6 bolt if anyone knows of cheaper)

EDIT: LOL @ emailing Hope – have you ever tried?

Yes I could ring them but the conversation would be…
    ME: “I’ve worn out one of your disc’s”
    Them: “How long have you had it/how much mileage have you done on it?”
    ME: “Err 3 or 4 years and loads of miles”
    Them “So what’s your credit card number…..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Disc wear’ is closed to new replies.