Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Disc & Vee braked steel hardtail frames?
  • Dickyboy

Looking for a lightweight steel frame that has both vee & disc brake mounts, suitable for 80mm forks & so far narrowed it down to a Soma Groove (anyone selling them in the UK?) or 2002/2003 Kona Explosif (without the sliding drop outs). Not interested in anything hardcore as I already have a Prince Albert in the flock.

Are there any other similar frames that I should add to the list?

wwaswas

Inbred.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Rock Lobster 853?

tinsy
    Free Member

P7?…

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Not sure steel and lightweight really go together, but as posted before the Inbred is the best bet

Dickyboy

Rock Lobster & P7's don't currently have vee brake mounts – anyone know what years they had both – if at all?

Inbred – not sure how I managed to miss that one off my list to start with 😳

freeganbikefascist
    Free Member

I see your inbred and raise you ….HandsomeDog Talisman

1.9kg … 60 QUID 😯

Dickyboy

2kg or less rather than 2.5kg is what I was suggesting – "lightweight" is all relative afterall.

HandsomeDog Talisman – now we're talking

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

HandsomeDog Talisman – wow some that's price if you're able to find one in your size

tinsy
    Free Member

My neighbour has a P7 with both so they did at sometime, however I did ask him the year of the bike and he wasnt sure, so cant help much more than that sorry..

Buy the handsomedog, I would…. got to be a bargain…

Any particular reason you want steel?

Either this. http://www.allterraincycles.co.uk/product/101739.html

or this Dirty Jo. I believe the frames are one and the same with different branding) both be lighter than steel and they ride lovely and under £100

Dickyboy

"Any particular reason you want steel? "

Completely numb bum after a long descent on my road based magnesium hardtail a good enough reason? – probably more to do with the 100psi in the 1.3" continental sport contacts but also the frame on that bike is too small for me so looking for replacement anyway.

Dickyboy

Just ordered a HandsomeDog for £66 delivered, thanks all round. 😀

letmetalktomark

I bought a 19.5'' Handsome Dog.

Very nicely put together frame for £60 😯

I can confirm that they are light too.

Rubbish decals though 😥 that are laquered over 👿

All in top notch for the money.

wavydave
    Free Member

I've got P7 from 2004. From what i remember that was the last year they did both types of mounts. I think my 17" frame is around 4.5lbs, but not sure if there are too many about for sale

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Disc & Vee braked steel hardtail frames?’ is closed to new replies.