Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Disc Brake………Which ones?
  • letmetalktomark

Morning All,

I am currently building up a 2010 Cotic Soul with the parts from a donor bike.

As the build is progressing I am finding I am using less of the parts form the donor build 😳

The parts I am now musing over are the brakes……

Currently run two bikes bikes with Magura Louise BAT brakes. These have been fine but wanted to consider others before they make the build.

I ride mainly XC type stuff but want to do more on a hardtail hence the trade up to a Soul.

I run X9 shifters so could be swayed by Avids for a clutter free bar 🙄 😆

All suggestions welcomed.

Cheers,
    MArk

freeganbikefascist
    Free Member

I just got a set of elixirs, they're working out well so far and several places are offering deals on them (I got the CR carbons for 230 Euros in Belgium a few weeks back)

Otherwise avid Juicy 7s should be cheap atm as they're being discontinued. I don't mind them, but public opinion seems spit if you know what I mean

akira

Elixir 5s, really good and pretty cheap, don't have the adjustability of the more expensive versions but I have some of those as well and rarely use the adjustment facility.

soobalias
    Free Member

stick with mineral oil brakes

stick to your louises, that way you save on spare brake pads!

letmetalktomark

SOOBalias – Member

Fair comment.

Either way I need a set of brakes as the donor bike is being built back into a commuter so a set of brakes will be needed. 😥

Read good things about the Quads?

Fop
    Free Member

I recently put some Formula Oro (K18s with R1 rotors) on my Commencal and love them…..also run X9 shifters and you can get matchmakers for the Formulas so still got the clutter-free bar thing going on.

alpin
    Free Member

S L X

fertig.

khani
    Free Member

got formula oro biancos and hope v2 floating rotors with x9s and matchmakers on my soul
    work a treat 😀

freeganbikefascist
    Free Member

do you mean because of pad contamination? Interesting point perhaps that the servicing of Avid's new brakes (well, elixirs at least) recommends removing the brake pads before bleeding (the spacer block is now double ended so it works as a pad spacer and bleed block)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Disc Brake………Which ones?’ is closed to new replies.