Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • Disappointing chocolate
  • Harry_the_Spider

German crisp. You would think that the nation that brought you the Bugatti Veyron, Jürgen Klinsman and 99 Luftballoons could come up with something better than paprika bloody crisps.

khani
    Free Member

I had some chilli chocolate last night, it was quite nice surprisingly enough,
    The wife brought some Hershey bars and some crisps from America not long ago, the Hershey bars were foul and the crisps had a big label on the front of the bag that said ‘no cholesterol’ and then the list of ingredients had cholesterol in them 😯
    And they were foul as well 😕 How do they get so huge with that crap?

derek_starship
    Free Member

How do they get so huge with that crap?

ernie_lynch’s next victim. He’ll be on you like a rabid doberman and he won’t let go.

He’ll call you a fat bastard and everything.

*unlocks security shutters and lets some sunshine into the panic room*

derek_starship
    Free Member

You would think that the nation that brought you the Bugatti Veyron, Jürgen Klinsman and 99 Luftballoons could come up with something better than paprika bloody crisps.

It was still messed up man.

I remember the profound disappointment I felt when I saw into Nena’s armpits. HAIR – LOTS OF HAIR.

khani
    Free Member

*unlocks security shutters and lets some sunshine into the panic room*

LoL 😆 is it dark in in there
    [/quote]He’ll call you a fat bastard and everything

Oh’ so he’s met me then……

Holmesey
    Free Member

MrsToast
    Free Member

Whenever one of the managers goes to the US, they bring back Hersheys chocolate, and we all dare each other to each it. Hersheys is known as ‘vom chocolate’ and ‘trout chocolate’ in our office. Chocodiles are also utterly dreadful creations – twinkies covered in chocolate.

I love Belgian, German and Swiss chocolate, but I’m also partial to a bit of Cadburys, especially Crunchies and Wispas. Don’t mind Nestle, their chocolate is rich with suffering, and Malteasers are practically a diet food. Not that keen on Galaxy as I find it a bit cloying.

thepurist

I used to do a lot of business trips to Brussels & always had to bring back ‘Team treats’ – a box of Godiva. Proper chocs that even I can’t eat more than 3 or 4 of in one go. Oh OK, 5 or 6…. or 7….

the_lecht_rocks

as ALOVER OF CHOCOLATE, I’M CURRENLY SUPER IMPRESSED BY aLDI’s Choceur selecion !

not real chocolate, but exceptionally tasty 👿

PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

on the other hand to what the_lecht_rocks just said i had some of thornton’s chocolate the other day and it tasted just like some of that gritty tosh you get in america. i don’t see why thorntons are so highly regarded. they just make them look good.

IdleJon

Posted 3 hours ago # Report-PostHarry_the_Spider – Member
    I once went out with a medium sized nurse who was the Curly Whirly of the nurse world. I think.

Were you convinced that she was bigger when you first met?

CaptJon
    Free Member

Green and Blacks ginger disappointed me the other day. I should have guessed it would taste rank given it was ginger and chocolate.

schnullelieber
    Free Member

I like Green and Blacks dark chocolates especially the mayan gold with orange and spices but I found their milk chocolate really disappointing, especially given the price. Give me a bar of Milka anyday.

German crisp. You would think that the nation that brought you the Bugatti Veyron, Jürgen Klinsman and 99 Luftballoons could come up with something better than paprika bloody crisps.

I love paprika crisps!!! Especially Paprika Pringles.

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

No one has really posted any quality chocolate yet.

Cadburys is still a veg fat processed bar of low cocoa solid origin.

I run screaming from the cloying fatty nastyness of Dairy Milk. All this about twirls, snickers. Its not chocolate, its “confectionary”, in the same way Darts is a pastime, not a sport, and Nursing auxillaries are bottom wiping tea makers, and not qualified underpaid medicians.

Even Green and blacks I find gritty and rough.

Try Montezumas chocolate bars, they’re ace.

carlosg
    Free Member

Makes the best hot chocolate I’ve ever tasted.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Quality chocolate is not about the cocoa content. It’s what tastes nice that counts. Just saying.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

This is where it’s at

http://www.hotelchocolat.co.uk/

BadlyWiredDog

Whenever one of the managers goes to the US, they bring back Hersheys chocolate, and we all dare each other to each it. Hersheys is known as ‘vom chocolate’ and ‘trout chocolate’ in our office. Chocodiles are also utterly dreadful creations – twinkies covered in chocolate.

Christ on a bike, when I was in the Andes (sorry, but I was) we came to regard Hersheys as indescribably delicious, which tells you everything you need to know about the locally made chocolate in, say, Ecuador or Peru which basically tasted like chocolate-scented candle wax. Stuff made in Chile was marginally better, but trust me, it was all relative.

In Bogota we found a delicatessen where Cadbury’s Fruit and Nut was actually kept locked in a glass-fronted case, really, which tells you everything you need to know about South American chocolate 😉

philconsequence
    Free Member

MARS BAR – that is the best chocolate ever, fact. (albeit feels like a bit of a rip off nowadays, I’m fairly young but still remember it being around 20-25p and in a paper wrapper)

Cadburys and coco pops for the win!!!!

EDIT – MrsConsequence using phils login

stealthcat

Hotel Chocolat? Some of the nastiest chocolate I’ve ever tasted came from there. I’d sooner eat Tesco Value milk chocolate.

Artisan du Chocolat, maybe… Especially their hot chocolate!

carlosg
    Free Member

We used to get the Hotel Chocolate boxes but packed them in after a couple of years as we thought a lot of repeat chocs were coming up , it’s ok but not super special.

We used this as our favourite mid ride snack when we used to go touring BC (before children).

RichPenny
    Free Member

Green and Blacks was good before cadbury. now it’s been ruined. Quite upset me at the time! Get the Hotel Chocolat boxes delivered at work, just for a bit of fun really. We have a decent chocolate shop in town, but they don’t deliver or have a little menu 🙁

poppa
    Free Member

Green and Blacks isn’t very good IMO, but you don’t need to spend loads of money on ‘artisan’ chocolate with pretentious marketing to get the good stuff either. Lots of supermarkets have decent quality stuff, including M&S, who even have varietal chocolate.

roady_tony
    Free Member

didnt Thortons get taken over / change suppliers a few years back – i could taste the difference quite immediately but they still have that ‘aura’ of it being some kind of special boutique brand – a bit like how Coke a Cola take over all these boutique fruit juice companies without you really knowing …..

andyl
    Free Member

Jamie

Thank god I had a Double Decker to fall back on.

Sounds like George Michael with a Careless Whisper 😉

Most disappointing chocolate I have had has been that fair trade stuff – the really small, over priced bars. Was not a fair trade for me that was for sure.

Oh and when I was a kid you could get those clear plastic walking sticks full of fake Smarties at Llandudno – they were truly disgusting.

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘Disappointing chocolate’ is closed to new replies.