Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Dirt Worker users – a question for you
  • cinnamon_girl

Can it be used if weather is not dry, ie spitting rather than full-on thunder and lightening pyrotechnics?

Just getting fed up of putting filthy bike in car so makes sense to clean bike whilst I am filthy as well.

Thank you so much!

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

Yup, seems pretty waterproof.

Just be prepared for lots of pissed-off mates wanting a go but being told to piss off 'cos theres only enough water for one bike/kit.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

I use the 17 liter Mobi washer. Used today in pouring rain at Afan 🙂 They are waterproof and quite robust. They are great for hosing yourself down as well! The 17 liter maybe a little heavy for you CG try the 15 liter version?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?PartnerID=79&ModelID=46653

Philby

Yes – though you will need to make sure that your car door doesn't slam on the power cable in windy situations – and the inside of your car make get a little wet.

Fabulous piece of kit – especially getting one for £24 last year when Halfords were getting rid of their remaining supplies.

jedi

i got a nomad one. great for cleaning bikes after coaching

simon_g

It's fine. I've got a 12v socket in the boot so it usually stays in there (out of the rain) anyway.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

CG – I got the 12v battery one so no need to link to car although it comes with a car cable if you need it. So no need to leave car open.

smurf
    Free Member

They are great. Get one of some sort. I nearly always get asked what it is and where can people get one (dirtworker user myself).

smurf

jedi

i taped the connection/hose interface as i snapped my first one first go 🙂

cinnamon_girl

Thanks for replies but, sorry, neglected to mention that I do have a Dirt Worker. Doesn't really get used cos normally wait til I get home to use the hose.

Think I will now keep in car, although do worry that it may leak! Has this happened to anyone?

Can't believe how bad the trails are 😥

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Nope hasn't leaked or fallen over although I do sort of prop it in place between frame and forks in back of car. Yup Afan was completely sodden today still better than not riding. Think I will try Malvern's tomorrow. Although weather is supposed to be worse!

BoardinBob

I've got the brand-x one and it's brilliant. I'd used a plant sprayer for years but this is just night and day difference.

wrightyson
    Free Member

God I love my transit van! Dirty as you like and mobile changing room come workshop! Bit more expensive tho 🙂

Colin-T

Dirt workers have aq little hole in the screw on lid so will leak if they fall over. Otherwise, mine hasn't leaked.

As for working in the wet, I either close the door gently or feed the lead through the window.

gtkid
    Free Member

My dirtworker has no hole in the lid and so doesn't leak, and you can actually close the door on the lead and still use it. Great piece of kit and no probs using in the wet.

Colin-T

If there's no where for the water to "leak" out then how does air get in when the thing is running, or do you have to loosen the top on yours?

DaveE

Sit my dirtworker in seed tray then leave in boot while using.
    Can shut boot to so not to trap pipe.
    keeps the boot cleaner as was allways sitting in mud when using.

gojo
    Free Member

Our dirt worker leaked due to the water sloshing around while driving. Fixed by putting a plastic bag over the top, then screwing the lid on and remove it when using it.
    Ours holds enough to clean 2 bikes 😀

RRD
    Free Member

Mine has worked in drizzle etc.

Mine has also leaked (slightly) due to water sloshing around.

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Dirtworker Site is great for parts too! 😉

cinnamon_girl

Mmmmmm, OK, perhaps I should keep the water in a separate container?

(Just changed car, christened it with a filthy bike today).

I_Ache
    Free Member

Mine did leak from one of the screw holes. I just used some araldite on it and its fine now.

Don't use it most of the time because I normally just get in the car and go home I cant be doing with faffing around washing my bike. And that is why my bikes are always dirty.

If I had a mains adaptor for it I would use it at home due to the lack of hose.

simon_g

Mine's a fairly recent one and has a small hole in the lid – but has a rubber valve on it so that air can get in as it drains, but water can't slosh out. It's usually full, no problems so far.

I always have a waterproof tray in the boot anyway, so I don't have to worry about wet kit (or dive gear) and mud on the boot carpet.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Dirt Worker users – a question for you’ is closed to new replies.