Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • dinosaur jr- "farm"
  • xherbivorex
    Free Member

right, if you've ever liked this band or in fact, indie/rock music in general, then get this thing purchased. best new LP i have heard in years. puts these young new 'rock' bands to shame…

Sqwubbsy
    Free Member

You're a bit bossy, aren't you.

Still gonna download it though.

Got tickets to see The Pixies later on in the year, can't wait. It's just a shame it's at the SSEC as the sound there is usually sh1t.

Keith.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

seriously, it's worth it.
    i can't bring myself to see bands like this in huge places; last time i saw dinosaur jr was at newcastle riverside and it was incredible. same goes for the pixies, actually (in 1988!).

Atomizer

It's not bad but differences between old, middle and new improved Dinosaur Jr albums are "subtle"…

Have you seen how fat J Mascis is though!

Best new album I've heard in a while is Made out of Babies – The Ruiner.

elliptic
    Free Member

[tedious one-up mode]

Saw them play in a (largish) pub 8) in Melbourne, 1990

[/tedious one-up mode]

Always wished I'd seen Husker Du before they split…

eviljoe
    Free Member

yeah bring on the Husker Du reunion!

(tumbleweed)

(Hell quietly freezes over…)

curtisthecat
    Free Member

I remember seeing them on the second(I think) Lollapoolooza tour whilst travelling in Canada. They were pretty crap IMO. They came out on stage like they couldn't be bothered to be there. Started to play a song and then J decided his guitar was out of tune and spent the next few minutes(felt like hours) tuning it. Shame really as I quite liked them, kinda like a mix of Neil Young(one of my fav's) and Minor Threat(also one of my favs)

eviljoe
    Free Member

yeah bring on the Husker Du reunion!

(tumbleweed)

(Hell quietly freezes over…)

MrAgreeable

Preferred Sebadoh myself.

Stoner
    Free Member

"Saw" them at Rollercoaster at the NEC in 91.

They were awful 🙂 I fell asleep leaning against the stack.

DezB
    Free Member

Is he really? Fat, I mean? I can't believe that. I don't want to see.
    So, is this new album as good as

(One of the best sleeves ever)

chakaping
    Free Member

Heard a track called Over It, which I thought was as good as any of their old stuff.

Listen on myspace.

Saw them at Benicassim festival last year and they were rocking out a bit much for my liking, got bored with the squalls of formless feedback and wandered off.

baa
    Free Member

I'm with eviljoe Husker Du reunion. I saw them in 86 at the Town & Country Club in Kentish Town, one of the best band I've seen. also saw Bob Mould do an acoustic set at the Underworld Camden & he was just as good on his own, did all the old Husker Du songs

nbt

Enjoying the myspace music, cheers for that. Not heard them before, although I had heard *of* them, might try to track down some stuff.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Think they were the first band I saw live. Oh, and what Mr Agreeable said, Lou Barlow is a genius.

waihiboy
    Free Member

what was the video where he was playing golf in the middle of a busy street… used to crack me up!

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

i too saw them at Rollercoaster 92 i believe?

From my vague memory, jmc and mbv were the dogs, thing i remember most about DJr was that we saw the singer on his own in Wimpey up Brum beforehand!!

IdleJon

What's Lou Barlow doing now? Loved some of the Sebadoh albums, but the Folk Implosion got a bit lost I thought.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

he's doing dinosaur jr now.
    hence this thread.

IdleJon

ah sorry, I just assumed that it was a random reference to Sebadoh.

(Dumb Welsh people, know nothing about music if it isn't Tom Jones or Gorki's Zygotic bleeding Mynci.)

RichPenny
    Free Member

He's the drummer IdleJon, started Sebadoh after one too many fights with J Mascis, the dominant songwriter in Dinosaur Jr. If you like Sebadoh, have you got this?

Lou Barlow – Emoh

If not, you should check it out.

IdleJon

Cheers RP, my brain was a bit disconnected last night. I'll try Emoh, haven't heard it.

dobo
    Free Member

hmm i have dinosaur jr – "whatevers cool with me" from 1991 i cant remember what it like now but i could be tempted with farm

skolt
    Free Member

If you buy this check it isn't one of the re-called CDs with dodgy sound quality. My missus says that could affect all Dinosaur Jr records, ha ha!
    Check dinosaurjr.com for details

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘dinosaur jr- "farm"’ is closed to new replies.