Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Differences between htc hero and iPhone 3GS?
  • muggomagic

I currently own a 3gs and really like the phone. Have it on a 30 day rolling contract. My old provider 3 have offered me the hero with unlimited texts and internet and shed load of minutes all for £17.50 p/m. This has got me wondering about whether I can unlock the iPhone and sell the hero or vice versa.

The things I like about the iPhone are it's music player, it's ease of use and the web browser.
    Can the hero do these things as well or better than the iPhone? If not, how easy is it to unlock an iPhone?

jojoA1
    Free Member

The Hero, is less ubiquitous than the Iphone, and therefore better and cooler…. 😉

I have tried both and got the Hero. It's a more useable size for a phone in my opinion.

muggomagic

Not worried about being cool. I've already got an iPhone so clearly uncool. Though you can often see my pants where my trousers have fallen slightly, so I'm pretty cool.

iamsporticus
    Free Member

I have a Hero exactly because everyone else has an iPhone
    And its cheaper – 800 mins, unlimited texts, 3GB data 25 quid a month, 18 month contract, 'free' phone

I like:
    Google tie ins – I have used Google calendar and address book for ages and never need to sync – it just does it automatically without going near my computer
    The apps – loads and most seem to be free

What could be better:
    It doesnt do music as well as the iphone – you need to manually drag and drop to a memory card and then attach that to the HTC

Thats about it – the cameras not half bad

My ideal phone however would have the Heros usability cost and contracts, the iphones handling of music and the camera from the fancy Nokia

On the whole Id recommend it

Cheers

GrahamS

If not, how easy is it to unlock an iPhone?

You didn't say who your provider is but O2 have a "request unlock" bit on their website. Takes around ten days I believe.

muggomagic

ok. have an ipod so i suppose i wouldn't miss the music player that much. the browser would need to be good as i do most of my browsing on my iphone.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

It is odd to choose something just because everyone else has something else. Surely it is better to choose something that works best for you irrespective of what other people have?

muggomagic

it is O2 thanks GrahamS

alfabus
    Free Member

I like:
    Google tie ins – I have used Google calendar and address book for ages and never need to sync – it just does it automatically without going near my computer

I do exactly this on my iphone, works brilliantly with Google Sync.

Dave

jojoA1
    Free Member

It is odd to choose something just because everyone else has something else.

Some of us are just bloody contrary though. I also like it because it fits better in my tiny dainty lady-hands.

*hides boyish mitts with oily fingernails*

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

IMO the android system, as good as it is, is still in its infancy on the Hero. OK, i've not tried browsing on the iphone, but how to the screen resolutions compare? You can do the zooming thing well enough but it would be an interesting comparison – go try one instore.
    Regarding as a music player, yeah it's a bit rubbish TBH, the album/track selection methods are a bit naff IMO.

muggomagic

think i'll stick with the iphone. thank y'all

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Differences between htc hero and iPhone 3GS?’ is closed to new replies.