Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Difference between Fox RP23 and Float R?
  • ononeorange

What’s the real-world difference between the two, please? I’ve done the compare thing on the Fox website but am mystified to the real difference – as far as it says, it just seems to be 3 levels of propedal rather than 1. Is that it and what does that really mean?

I’ve generally ridden hardtails so this is all a bit technical for my simple mind.

Thanks!

FOG

My son has a float R and I have an RP2 but I can’t in all honesty tell much difference. The RP2 has a 2 position propedal lever which does seem to make a difference but when riding the R that seems to pedal just as well.

joolsburger
    Free Member

You can turn the propedal off on an rp23 and adjust the platform when its on.

retro83
    Free Member

jools has it, they’re basically the same shock just without the adjustments on the float R

Shame they don’t do a shock with proper low-speed adjustment instead of propedal. IMVHO PP just makes the ride harsh without altering the handling like proper adjustable LSC would do.

ononeorange

OK thanks – so the consensus is that it’s not worth the extra cash, then.

Cheers

joolsburger
    Free Member

An RP2 is a good compromise depends if you want to be able to turn it off for descents.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I have both.

The Float R has a preset low speed compression tune (often manufacturer specific if sold OEM) and the one on my bike feels perfectly suited to the frame.

The RP3 on the other hand has three low speed compression settings, together with an on/off toggle. The highest setting pretty much locks out the shock, although some feedback can still be felt. The “off” setting allows the bike’s natural suspension characteristics to be felt – the bike will feel “plusher” than the Float R equipped frame, although you may well notice a lot of wallow and/or suspension feedback.

StumpyBlurRider
    Free Member

got 23,an R…23 is much better,an coming from hardtail,u will like firm setting

ononeorange

Thanks everyone – much appreciated.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Difference between Fox RP23 and Float R?’ is closed to new replies.