Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Dietary tips for new cycling job
  • MikeT-23
    Free Member

Two months into a new job which involves delivering mail by bicycle around a reasonably hilly city.
    More cycling than I’ve ever done in my life! Up to 20 miles per day of stop/start cycling with short bursts and longer runs mixed in with walks and three-storey stair climbs, and ****…I’m tired. I’m maintaining attendance at a crossfit box twice a week too, adding to my fatigue.
    So, I’m 47 and reasonably fit, but I think I need to adopt a diet regime which suits this way of living. Keep in mind that the job was taken to facilitate a move to a new city, and resulted in a salary cut (the things you do for love, eh?), so I haven’t the income to spend on pricey supplements or performance enhancers.
    So, is it a case of eat small and eat often? Big bowl of porridge in the morning and stop whining? Seeds, nuts and berries every hour on the hour?
    Any experienced advice gratefully received, thanks.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

See lidl bean PSA

rhbrhb
    Free Member

You don’t need expensive supplement or enhancers, just eat more (graze all day if needed) and eat well. Hydration is important too. Sleep too.

rsvktm

Soreen is your friend.. Get through one a day, do 30-40 miles a day on average. Helps me as a top up little and often.

ton

mikeT, wanna swap jobs??………. 8)

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Not drinking enough will definitely have you feeling tired and is free and easy to sort out so I’d try upping that to begin with, likewise rest. You getting enough sleep?

With all the additional exercise are you currently losing weight? Do you need to eat more or eat differently?

sandwicheater

Eat more pie. With that kind of job you should be eating at least 4 pie’s, maybe five a day.

No, best make it 6 to be safe.

honeybadgerx

Don’t listen to sandwicheater above, that’s ridiculous advice. You should alternate each pie with a pasty.

jota180
    Free Member

Not drinking enough certainly adds to fatigue but if the OP is anything like me, with age drinking a lot leads to other problems.
    If he’s out and about, finding somewhere to pee on a regular basis can be difficult.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Dietary tips for new cycling job’ is closed to new replies.