Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 183 total)
  • How painful is it waiting for a new bike? What are you waiting on?
  • anysize
    Free Member

Anyone know if they are going to be an XC /Trail 29er (Gyro/T129) or a longer travel hooligan bike (Five29/Codeine)?

AlexSimon

Well the Cotic Enduro duo are using it, so I would say more towards the latter.

nosaintangel
    Free Member

My Canyon ultimate slx frame arrived today :-)taking my scott out for a final ride tonight before the big stripdown and rebuild. 😀

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    LoCo
    Free Member

I have everything for the 29er race bike mentioned earlier apart from the rear axle and mech hanger 👿 FOD Full Boar sunday too 😯

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m waiting for the bits to finish my track bike, before I take it for its inaugral spin on Saturday morning. New tyres, pedals and a smaller sprocket. Or rather – they’ve arrived, but I’m not home yet.

I’m quite worried that they’ll tell me the bike breaks some regulation or other though and I can’t use it.

velomanic
    Free Member

I’ll be heading to my LBS at the end of the week to pick up the final parts for my Whyte 29-C build, can’t wait to get started 😀

RickDraper
    Free Member

Waiting as of this morning for a 650b Nomad frame to show up 😀 Looking like a 5-6 week wait 😥

Northwind

Refinished bits in the mail… Then hubs and rims to icycles so they can become wheels. And that’s the final bit, apart from the stickers and they’ll bide. Counting down…

tomhoward

Welcome to the club rick! (Bit of an update, invisiframe are now back and have my frame, so hopefully not too much longer!)

mattjg
    Free Member

As of Monday, waiting on a chrome Canfield Nimble 9. I believe they have just arrived at US customs from Taiwan, then they have to go to Canfield (Bellingham, Washington, between Vancouver and Seattle), then ship over the pond to CTBM and on to me.

How long oh lord how loooooooooonggggg!

Dyffers
    Free Member

Flyxii frame and fork ordered at the end of April.

English BB frame as ordered out of stock until 30th May…no, I don’t want to change my order to a BB30 frame thanks 🙄

Wouldn’t be too bad except I sold the frame & fork it’s replacing on Monday… tick tock tick tock

stevious

nosaintangel – I hate you as well.

LoCo
    Free Member

All bits arrived and Coatsey came up today to finish the build for me ready for the weekend 😀

[url=https://flic.kr/p/nDVLYK]29er[/url] by Loco Tuning, on Flickr

matther01
    Free Member

Delivery date on CRC for mag v12 has now moved from 15/05/14 to 03/06/14…gutted…but not unexpected. Has anyone ever actually received an email from CRC to say they have actual stock of something when you sign up to their notification service. I know I haven’t.

bighairydel

I’ve been waiting just over two weeks for my first full susser to arrive. Its been the longest two weeks of my life! 3-4 days delivery they said! pfft.
    Still its looks to be worth the wait! I hope!

http://www.cube.eu/uk/bikes/fullsuspension/fritzz/fritzz-160-hpa-pro-275/

alexxx
    Free Member

Worse than waiting is knowing I have 2 bikes in boxes sat in the UK whilst I’m away for another 7 weeks in Morzine 🙁

The foxy and the zerode will have to wait!

xiphon
    Free Member

P7 frame – when it arrives, I’ll then order a SS-specific dropout from Orange, and other parts…

PiknMix
    Free Member

My wait is over WOHOOOOO. Stay strong people whatever your waiting for will be well worthwhile.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Me too.Codeine on bloody well arrived.
    First thoughts.
    1.It’s smurf blue
    2.It’s so heavy it’s created a gravity well and is bending the light.
    3.I’m either racing,training or working for the next 6 weeks so it’ll live in it’s box again for a while.

simonk
    Free Member

I have Surly Troll on the way, looking forward to the build and riding it.

Northwind

Frame is here! Now to Icycles with the hubs and rims. Shock should come back tomorrow, I can build it with the wrong wheels then but I might wait til I can do it right…

JohnnyPanic

Purdy

swavis

Still no Puffin’s sighted 🙁

bikebouy
    Free Member

^^^ ther be a crack in that frame sonny.. 😉

I’m waiting on my TCX Advance1 having the sodding SRAM brakes recalled and fitted..

kimbers

[url=https://flic.kr/p/nCrWVE]IMG_20140515_183017[/url] by king_kim2003, on Flickr

oh FFS flickr is shit now

anyway my avalanche modded dhx air finally turned up yesterday, along with my LB 35mm rims

the shock is on my bike in preparation for the QECP night time enduro tomorrow and the rims are off to the LBS after work hopefully built up in time for UKGE rd 2 next weekend!

stevious

Just got the ‘your bike is being built’ email from canyon so am eating a load of chocolate to celebrate and offset any weight savings the bike might give me.

sssimon
    Free Member

nearly there, wee trip to crc tonight to pick up a new chain and a gear inner, tyres are probably overkill too and the haven bar will most likely be swapped for something flat

(garden is under construction………….)

[url=https://flic.kr/p/nEvPtr]20140513_194838[/url] by simon gardiner, on Flickr

sprocker
    Free Member

I pre ordered my banshee phantom yesterday :), July apparently although it will not get built until September.

johnmcgowan
    Free Member

On One now have the forks in stock! Yay! Build queue is now 21 days and I am not even in the build queue yet. Boo!
    I expected to have a build date by now seeing as the forks were in at the start of the week. Big BOO!

edward2000
    Free Member

I just brought a Slackline and now the 2/3 week build can’t pass quick enough.

hora
    Free Member

Today, hopefully I pick up my first NEW bike since 1984. Pics to follow 🙂

allthegear
    Free Member

Expecting this next week 🙂

Finally – there’s a great reason to be freakishly tall!

Rachel

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m still waiting on SRAM issuing the replacement hydro brakes for my very unused TCX Advance1..
    It’ll have gone mouldy by the time I get it back on the trails 😐

wwaswas

Did you not get the mechanical replacements ‘while you’re waiting’?

Haze

How does it work with buying a full build online (with no changes to spec)?

Are the bikes waiting to go or do they need to be built/checked prior to despatch?

NormalMan

Northwind – Member
    Frame is here! Now to Icycles with the hubs and rims. Shock should come back tomorrow, I can build it with the wrong wheels then but I might wait til I can do it right…

Any pics of the finished product?

Adding to the topic, 1 week in to an approx 8 week wait for a Soul 275.

Patience has never been my strong point and I now have daily wheel size debates in my head. Oh, those poor kittens!!

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Demo 9 carbonz. Was meant to be here last week. Now I’ve gotta collect..

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Ordered a Scott Scale Contessa earlier this week for my wife, 27.5 wheels as well, hmm fun. Hopefully here in a week or so.

nickc

Waiting on a Ribble R872 since last Monday; as long as its in my sweaty palms before I go on holiday in 16 days I will be happy, if its not I will have a bottom lip you could use as a diving board.

tomhoward

Well, my wait is over 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 183 total)

The topic ‘How painful is it waiting for a new bike? What are you waiting on?’ is closed to new replies.