Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • diet plans?
  • taka
    Free Member

Hi can anyone suggest a diet plan for someone with a sweet tooth who hates veg? Ive recently made it to 19stone after not doing much at all since before Christmas Ive lost my riding mojo mainly because I’m too tired to enjoy it and it’s hard enough to push a bike let alone ride it. Im wanting to get down to about 16 1/2-17stone im 6ft 1″ and my bmi is 35.9 its not all fat i don’t look like mr.blobby but i would rather not be embarrassed to got swimming for instance or wear t-shirts

cheers

donsimon
    Free Member

It’s a lifestyle plan you want and not a diet plan.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Jeebus Krist.

iDave
    Free Member

send him an invoice DD

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

iDave – Member
    send him an invoice DD

Ssshhh. Not yet.

bagpuss72
    Free Member

Advice from someone who’s tried every diet going, joined every gym going then not gone, tried herbal stuff, you name it I’ve had an excuse for why its not worked. I’ve been pushing myself to hike or ride and its coming off and I’m sleeping better and look better and have more energy.

Its NOT easy but its fairly simple, start moving again start small then build it up it’ll come back quickly.

Is there any emotional reasons? Was for me for a long time and those need resolving too.

I’m doing slimming world as its healthy eating and not a diet as such.

Good Luck
    Debs x

taka
    Free Member

theres no real emotional reasons just lack or stamina to carry on my diet atm consists of chocolate,meat,crap from burger vans on the plus side i can eat salads all day

iDave
    Free Member

on the plus side i can eat salads all day

do that then

taka
    Free Member

i would but im most cases i don’t have the access to it

bagpuss72
    Free Member

chocolate,meat,crap from burger vans?

Thats gonna make you feel sluggish and tired for a start, drinking enough water? I feel rubbish if I’m dehydrated

donsimon
    Free Member

i would but im most cases i don’t have the access to it

Why not?

taka
    Free Member

because im at collage on an industrial estate Mon-wed where theres burger van or a macdonalds and on the other days im working and i eat what i get given which normally consists of bacon and egg or fish and chips on the weekend i don’t eat much and when i do its what ever gets cooked for the family

iDave
    Free Member

just be a biffer then as you have no control over anything that happens to you in life.

molgrips
    Free Member

If you hate veg you need to MTFU starting right there. Veg is vital, quite literally.

I don’t like veg, I made myself eat it and whilst I still don’t like it, I can’t imagine not having it and my body appreciates it. Love/hate.

If you can’t get a balanced diet down you without any restrictions you are stuffed.

seosamh77
    Free Member

I don’t really weigh myself but i did recently and i was just over 17st(5′ 10″), i reckon last april i must have been pushing 20st. it’s taken me that long to get comfortable riding a bike for distances(after a 6 month lay off), basically you’ve got to take a year of pain i reckon, i still eat the same shite, sweety machine in work still gets tanned, but I reckon i’ve lost about 2 stone over the last year… just got to keep at it, It’s really a simple equation if you ask me, you can eat as much crap as you like, you’ve just got to do the corresponding exercise, if you can manage both, the weight will fall off i reckon, not really rocket science..

Saying that though i reckon i’ve levelled out cause i’ve not lost anything for a while, mibbe need to chuck a few chocolate bars if i want get any further with my weight loss, either that or up the miles, one or the other will work…I may need to adjust my theory that I can lose it by excercise alone a little! 😀

donsimon
    Free Member

because im at collage on an industrial estate Mon-wed where theres burger van or a macdonalds and on the other days im working and i eat what i get given which normally consists of bacon and egg or fish and chips on the weekend i don’t eat much and when i do its what ever gets cooked for the family

And how does that affect your cycling?
    And what iDave says. (Whoever he is).

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Or you could try being fat and happy. Took me a while but I’m cool with it now.

gonefishin
    Free Member

Absolutely, there is no way that you could possibly make up a salad in advance and keep it cool ’till lunch time.

Nope, there is literally nothing available that would do that job so that you choose what you eat.

For the record, I’m overweight at the moment but it is coming off by the radical method of eating less, cutting out the crap, and moving more. So far I’ve lost about 10lbs in 4-6 weeks. Not spectacular but going in the right direction. Long way to go mind.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

preparation is the key as is mindset

iDave’s diet is one possible way forward

another is to start riding a lot more and cut out the obvious crap from your diet

exercise at your age is a major part of this as is just not abusing your body

taka
    Free Member

it affects my cycling because everyday im there im getting fatter and even more unfit and its turning me away from getting my arse on a bike

big_n_daft
    Free Member

a large tub of humous and fresh vegi sticks is your friend for lunches

Nairns oat biscuits/ mixed nuts for snacks

plenty of water to drink

seosamh77
    Free Member

it affects my cycling because everyday im there im getting fatter and even more unfit and its turning me away from getting my arse on a bike

no offense or anything, but from one fatty to another, give yourself a slap.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

to be honest as olong as your kit fits it’s a matter of less LMF and more MTFU, every ride is a success, every ride should make you want to ride more

emsz
    Free Member

Take control of your life!

molgrips
    Free Member

You can prepare your own food and take it with you. I would if I could only get junk.

Hohum
    Free Member

I read somewhere (half-credible) that stated you could make your body learn to like eating a food stuff you did not like if you tried to eat it positively at least 7 times.

I do not know how much truth there is in it, but it seems to have some element of feasibility to it.

Give it a go with the veg and think positively each time you are eating the veg.

What do you have to lose otherwise?

molgrips
    Free Member

It is possible. I was a terrible food phobic, but I started to get round it when I started cooking for myself. I cooked the veg in a way that I could attempt to eat it.. bit by bit I improved. I’m still not good though, there’s a lot I don’t like. But that’s mostly because I don’t like balsamic vinegar, many raw veg or mayonnaise. Those things are significant in the modern world 🙂

emsz
    Free Member

Ho Hum I don’t think I could eat cottage cheese ‘positively’ LOL.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ho Hum. Have you read Jeffrey Steingarten’s The Man Who Ate Everything perchance? That was how I trained myself to like cheese and salad.

Hohum
    Free Member

emsz – Member
    Ho Hum I don’t think I could eat cottage cheese ‘positively’ LOL.

[quote]

😆

Try it and see.

I have the same issue with liver and kidney :baulk:

Hohum
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – Member
    Ho Hum. Have you read Jeffrey Steingarten’s The Man Who Ate Everything perchance? That was how I trained myself to like cheese and salad.

No mate, I haven’t.

Did he recommend the same thing?

I can’t remember where I read the eating something 7 times, but it was recently on the internet in the last 6 months or so and it stuck in my head for some reason.

Cougar

You like salad but hate veg? How’s that work?

Assuming this is a serious question, it sounds to me like you’re making excuses. Make sandwiches. Are you in a college with neither a canteen nor a microwave? If there’s a microwave, reheat leftovers? Soup in a flask?

on the weekend i don’t eat much and when i do its what ever gets cooked for the family

Are they eating crap as well, then?

Anna-B
    Free Member

When I was really focussed on losing weight a couple of years ago, cottage cheese was a treat! And it was the low fat stuff….

What I’d say to OP is that losing weight is a decision – like many things in life. To say that everything is conspiring against you…. people make you eat fish and chips, there’s only a burger van to go to for lunch…… are just excuses. Make a decision to control your eating and be stubborn about it. I have experience of this! Ref eating veg, there’s a lot of choice, and a lot of different ways to cook/eat it – experiment. Decide you’re going to ride your bike and be stubborn about that too.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Macdonalds do salads dont they?

Go to your nearest local supermarket or sandwich shop and buy a salad

Make your own food at home

Dont be lazy, use your initiative.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

@Ho Hum

He got the job as food writer for Vogue (in America) and figured he couldn’t do the job until he retrained himself to eat all the foods he didn’t like. Very funny book.

And, yes, it pretty much works. Given that we are born with no “likes” and “dislikes” apart from sweet and a slight need for salt after some time out of the womb, his reasoning was that all dislikes are “learned” and can therefore be “unlearned”. All pretty wooly, but worked for me 🙂

dobo
    Free Member

Sounds like making your own pack lunch will help

how about to start

a low fat/natural yoghurt
    a banana, apple etc
    some nuts or carrots to snack on
    get some recipes for couscous, quinoa, chickpeas or pasta all with veg
    1 or 2 litres of water in a bottle

avoid the bread and sweets and fizzy drinks

have friday as treat day, add in some meat and a bar of chocolate! and a pint down the pub!
    Saturday you burn it off cycling right…

basically we can recommend this stuff all day long but the only person that can change you is YOU.

emsz
    Free Member

NO cottage cheese is sick (literally!!) smells like sick looks like sick, made by special cheesey-sicky machines

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

emsz, that sounds psychological to me 😛

dobo
    Free Member

why all the cottage cheese hate, i likes it

though asda cottage cheese tastes nicer than sainsburys cottage cheese fact!

emsz
    Free Member

Gone off* cottage cheese makes for a long lasting impression!!

* didn’t know, made me very ill

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘diet plans?’ is closed to new replies.