Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • did anyone see that docu on tower crane drivers?
  • pjt201
    Free Member

One more4 the other night. Absolutely stunningly made. Made me want to be a crane driver too…

jackthedog
    Free Member

I didn't see it, but I'll try and catch it on 4OD if it's on.

Sounds interesting. It's interesting how mundane things can be made to look amazing when shown in the right way.

Among Giants managed it with electricity pylons and gasometers. Excellent.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Looked interesting enough that I've recorded for a quiet moment in the future – encouraged by the positive review.

AndyP
    Free Member

'The solitary life of cranes'?
    Sounds interesting
    jebus.
    I saw that advertised and wondered if I should just poke my eyes out with a screwdriver instead. Or watch XC racing, perhaps that might be more interesting 😉

pjt201
    Free Member

it may not sound interesting, but the way it was shot and the vignettes of what a crane driver gets up to when in their cab but not doing a lift were really good.

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Got five mminutes into it and couldn't take any more………..Sorry!

Drac

the vignettes of what a crane driver gets up to when in their cab but not doing a lift were really good.

Reading the Sun and eating pies?

jackthedog
    Free Member

Just watched it during my lunch break. Truly splendid television, thank you for bringing it to my attention.

pjt201
    Free Member

drac, you'll have to watch it to find out!

lagerfanny
    Free Member

Are we watching the same prog?

It was utter tripe. Didn't finish with any more knowledge regarding crane operators than before.

They watch people while sat in their cabs.

no shit sherlock. 😯

Drac

drac, you'll have to watch it to find out!

I'll live with the suspense or I'll live with the fact of asking one, who said "I read newspapers and eat pies."

There's an old trick from the shipyard to do with these guys in the cranes, they give the young apprentice a newspaper bundle and tell them "Here's a fish supper for you mother!" Now these guys had been up in the crane all day so can you guess what was in the paper?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘did anyone see that docu on tower crane drivers?’ is closed to new replies.