Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Dialled PA 853
  • HermanShake
    Free Member

I know these are less common, were any made with the CNC dropouts or were they exclusively ordinary dropouts with a brace?

I love my 520 PA, but would maybe like the 853 instead.

Wally

100 made – ordinary dropouts with a brace. Sold mine – miss it.

GEDA
    Free Member

I have one that I was going to sell. It is in Sweden though. If you wait a few months maybe I could bring it over.

billybob
    Free Member

I have one! I did hear a rumour one broke, so there are probably only 99 left….

Never going to sell mine love it too much. Even though since the discovery of full suspension it’s been relegated to the winter bike.

HermanShake
    Free Member

Hmmm, maybe I should comprimise at the newer 725 PA?

GEDA, what size and colour is yours?

Decisions, decisions… I’ve just read that the 725 was lighter than the 853 and it’s got “those” dropouts too. Unfortunately I imagine people are unlikely to sell the newer ones on yet. I’ll have to keep the pies peeled.

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

Just picked an 853PA second hand. Like it, but don’t love it yet. Think that’s mainly due to it being dull battleship grey. Only had it about 2 months and already thinking of getting it powder coated…

HermanShake
    Free Member

I quite like the grey, something serious and burly about it. What colour you going for?

benfeh
    Free Member

There’s a large Sirius Pipedream frame for sale on the forums at the mo. They’re 853 and have replaceable hangers.
    I have a new 725 PA – very nice frame. My riding buddy has a Soul and doesn’t think there’s much weight difference.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve an 853 Sanderson, twangy-tastic, although apparently Pasty 853’s are even more flexy.

My DMR Switchback was just dead feeling.

My 456 is pretty stiff in comparison to everything else I’ve had recently, with they’d make an alloy one as there’s very little ‘steel’ feeling to it, but with carbon ones at £299 I’m really tempted if it’s got the twangyness of the sanderson and the geomtery/strentgh of the 456!

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

Dunno HS, quite liking the idea of a pale blue though.

Your right the grey is serious and burly, but serious and burly in a terminator sort of way. No fun, just in dead pan in and out job done. Actually more steam roller than terminator. God what am I saying its only grey!

The current 725 Prince Albert is indeed lighter than the older 853 version, but still strong enough to be CEN compliant.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Dialled PA 853’ is closed to new replies.