• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by gra.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Dialled Alpine owners – help with 1X9 setup please – spacers, etc
  • gra

Hi all,

I’m building up an Alpine and am going to try 1X9 to see how I get on. I’ve got a new GXP BB which says in the instructions no spacers when used with a 73mm BB shell which is what the Alpine has.

However, I seem to recall reading somewhere that a spacer on the drive side might be a good idea?

I’m going to use a Superstar Chain Keeper for now and if 1X9 or 1X10 is for me then get a proper chain device. (Straitline Silent or similar)

How are yours set up?

Cheers.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

for normal HT2 external BBs its 2 drive side 1 non drive side for 68, 1 drive side only for 73. I have 1 driveside on my alpine with shimano BB and crank-whats so different/special about the GXP?

Mine is 2×9 and i have an ISCG mount blackspire stinger, works perfectly.

edit; as below, if you use a BB-mounted guide it replaces the single spacer.

singlecrack
    Free Member

I have 1×9 setup and use one spacer on the drive side. I will prob remove it as I also use a superstars chain device and its a bit out of line.
    I think removing the spacer will be enough.

schmiken

No spacers needed for GXP – they’re wider cups than Shimano. Just install according to the instructions.

gra

Great stuff, thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Dialled Alpine owners – help with 1X9 setup please – spacers, etc’ is closed to new replies.