Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Dialled Alpine
  • SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Bike rationalisation is continuing apace. Got my eye on a Dialled Alpine. What do the STW hive mind think? Too much bike for Dartmoor (quite steep and rocky around here, both up and down!)or should I give in to my mid-life crisis?

alpin
    Free Member

perfect for steep, techy descending.

i’d say it would be perfect for dartmoor.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

That’s what I thought, but it’s more the climbing ability I’m concerned about…. mind you, I’m on a singlespeed at the moment so it’s got to be an improvement!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jimmy

get some u-turn forks on it. Alpines are just ace fun, never mind ‘too much bike’.

Jamie
    Free Member

I had one and live in Cambridgeshire, so I wouldn’t worry about being over-biked.

….oh and it was awesome.

Mowgli
    Free Member

Perfect all-rounder. I have 95-140mm Pikes which give a nice range. The bike may be a bit heavier than a soul or a PA, but it just means you’ll end up a bit fitter! And you can still go to the Alps and not have to buy a new DH bike.

kudos100
    Free Member

I have one in an 18″ for sale if you are interested 😀 I love it, but I want something a tad longer in the tt.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

That’s the biggest size isn’t it? I’m 6’1″. How do they size up?

Radioman

Lovely all round bike. I really enjoy mine. Last seen zooming round Swinley. It can do anything and gives you loads of confidence as it definitely won’t let you down. I run mine with “pushed” Pikes too and leave them on 140mm travel which seems just right. It climbs well too but that depends whether your mates are riding XC race bikes. To sum up its a tough do it all machine and the angles seem just right…

kudos100
    Free Member

Yes the 18″ is largest. I think it comes up about average for a large. The top tube is 23.25 which is just a tad too short for me at 6’3 with long arms and legs. I’d imagine at 6’1 it would be a good fit.

The one I have is a mk2 in red http://jacobgibbinsdotcodotuk.blogspot.com/2011/01/dialled-alpine.html

Del

couple of mates run ’em, both in the d’mo massif, innit?
    😉
    frequently to be seen rattling around the cleave and hound tor, etc.
    one geared, one ss. both kwaka green. they seem happy enough, but they’re both odd. 😀

themightymowgli
    Free Member

Hi, bit late on this thread.
    I’m 6,2 and have had a large Alpine for nearly 3 years. 1×9, Wotans (set to max) with a 350mm (could do with 360mm) seatpost, a 50mm stem and some nice tree catching Renthal bars it fits like a glove. I’ve ridden it everywhere from Dartmoor to Thetford to Kinlochleven and every time I ride it I love it a little but more. It’s a steady climber but it’s a total knucklehead going down. Friends try and temp me with their Fives and Stumpys but I’ve never felt like they offer anything like the fun.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Dialled Alpine’ is closed to new replies.