Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • dhb Wickham eVENT Waterproof Jacket
  • kona_uk
    Free Member

Anyone use one of these ?

Seem to get some good reviews, but what’s it like in the real biking world ?

Jamie
    Free Member

The DHB Wickham is very very close, may even be the same design, as my Gill Speed Pro jacket from ’07, which is very good.

Spot the difference:

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

eVent is event.

Does it have the feature you want/need?

IHN

As Jamie said, it is the same design as my Pro Speed from ’07, which is the dog’s wotsits in the real biking world

jim
    Free Member

No pit zips or little pocket for stashing jelly babies/tangfastics though.

bowglie

Again, as per Jamie and IHN. I’ve got an ’07 Gill Pro Speed, and it looks identical. Wonder if DHB/Wiggle are having them made up by the same factory as Gill used to(?).

Use mine for biking and running and it’s far more breathable than Gore-Tex etc. Especially noticeable when running. Outer fabric is also tough – tested mine out a couple of times (ahem), including a comedy high speed fence rail slide at Glentress – trying (& failing) to impress a couple of women with my high speed cornering 🙄

Being picky, the only thing I can criticise is lack of even a single pocket – but the DHB might have this(?)

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Didn’t Wiggle buy Gill??

And all the subsequent designs?

Pippalarge
    Free Member

Is exactly the same as the Gill ProSpeed I have(DHB or Wiggle bought the licence off Gill as far as i know). Excellent jacket, super waterproof, super breathable, very light, durable and great fit – can’t recommend it enough. Best jacket i’ve ever owned. Doesn’t have pockets but that’s a plus point for me.

cp

from the wiggle website:-

Following on from our highly successful season manufacturing the Gill Pro Speed eVent Jacket, we have now introduced the dhb Wickham eVENT Jacket, with the same cut and design that won so many awards last season.

cp

does any one know how the arms measure up? I’m roughly a 38-39 chest, with broad shoulders and long arms. If the arms are long then I’m a medium I reckon (even though I’m 6ft).

Jamie
    Free Member

Teetosugars:

Didn’t Wiggle buy Gill??

And all the subsequent designs?

Ahh, would make sense.

I should add i managed to put a small hole in mine with a arm>thornbush>excess speed interface issue, but popped one of these patches on and it is still going strong. Sometimes i wish it had a hood but then most the time its not really an issue.

doof_doof
    Free Member

Great jacket, only nitpick I have is that I wish the rear was a little lower for better coverage.

bowglie

cp – the arm length on my ’07 Gill version are perfectfor biking (I’m 6’tall, with long arms, and got the large jacket). For running or slobbing around etc. I have to turn the sleeves back a bit, as I find they’re a bit long off the bike.

Del

i have the gill one. +1 for ‘very good’.

FuzzyWuzzy

I ordered one ages ago but was on back-order for a few weeks so bought an Endura Stealth softshell in the meantime. By the time the DHB Wickham arrived I couldn’t see a situation where I’d prefer it over the Stealth so sent it back. Looked OK, if a little basic, but the XL was pretty big on me (and I’m XL most tops).

aphex_2k
    Free Member

No drawstring on the DhB on the collar?

mtbmatt
    Free Member

It is way more breathable than anything else out there (excluding similar eVent jackets… which should be as good) and the fit is fantastic.

I had a Gill jacket that lasted me 2 years of use as a cycle courier. Still going strong. Have a Wickham as well for road use.

There are no pit zips because it doesn’t need them. No pockets may not be ideal for everyone, but not something that bothers me.

timothecimmerian

I got the Gill one when they were clearing stock last year (amazing value at £59.99 with a £5 voucher). Normally, I get hot just looking at a jacket, but this one performs really well without pit zips. I’ve no need for pockets as I’m always wearing a camelbak.

Recommended.

sheck

Apologies for the slightly roadie nature of the question – but would this jacket pack down to go in a jersey pocket?

FuzzyWuzzy

Not IMO, it’s quite a stiff material which was one of the main reasons I sent mine back.

z1ppy

Apologies for the slightly roadie nature of the question – but would this jacket pack down to go in a jersey pocket?

Nope, I have mine packed into a small 6x4inch bag, which is pretty flat, but no where near pocket sized.

oh and the comments about not needing pit zips might be fine for the sleeker members, but for the larger more sweaty barstewards it would have been useful.
    Still a great jacket for the money.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘dhb Wickham eVENT Waterproof Jacket’ is closed to new replies.