Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • DH trails at FoD. How steep?
  • Mintman
    Free Member

How steep are they, the ones marked on the fountain inn website? I enjoy xc on my skill compensating 5" full suss so would I be totally out of my depth if I had a go? I see lots of big bouncy bikes coming down which makes be wonder…

zangolin
    Free Member

All the tracks are rollable – you will be fine on your bike. Saying that all of the tracks have plenty of air travel options if you increase your speed. I would suggest a play around on the first section of the Cork Screw just to get your eye in then have a look at Sheeps Skull which is one of my favs. The big table top + road gap/step down at the bottom of the main runs is also good for messing about on.

Mintman
    Free Member

Cheers for that, corkscrew an sheep skull it is!

mattymer
    Free Member

flatlands is also a nice flowing trail but it has a steep rooty down slope at the end, all rollable tho.
    i ride a bighit but a friend of mine came to the forest with me last weekend and had a great time on an ibis mojo.

trails over there were fantastic today.

zangolin
    Free Member

This latest map from Fountain Inn is pretty good with vids of most of the tracks.
    http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=101378758141447101792.000467dad0c4904e59621&z=12

DT78
    Free Member

You'll be fine, they can all be rolled on my XC hardtail so go for it.

Mintman
    Free Member

Bonza, sound like tomorrow will be fun! Thanks for the advice

_tom_
    Free Member

I rolled most of it on my 100mm forked HT rockhopper so I think you'll be fine! The jumps on Corkscrew are so fun, really easy to clear I think.

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

mintman i may well see you over there. after seeing that map up above i'm going to be on a mission to film all the tracks with my helmet cam…
    I'm on a white marin quake (if you read this in time)

Mintman
    Free Member

Kept my eyes peeled but didn't see you in the end. I enjoyed the couple of DH trails I did but ended up exploring again and drinking tea. How'd you get on filming the runs dirtbiker?

mattsccm
    Free Member

With exception of the verticals onto the gravel tracks I've think I done them all on my cross bike. Slow admitedly but they are really ok. Getting a bit worn out in places and the FC are screwing things a bit but apparently thats progress.

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

How'd you get on filming the runs dirtbiker?

fricking crap. left my camelbak at home. managed a filmed lap of the Fodca trail and then just played on some of the dh runs for as long as 1 bottle of lucozade lasted me…
    I'll do it next time!

ObscuraSky
    Free Member

I've got two favourite routes at the cycle centre – one is Flatlants – and then follow the fire road to pick up the second half of Ski Run,
    the other is an unnamed track which starts right at the top of the hill behind the centre (dark green on the Fountain Inn map) and then connects with the bottom half of Corkscrew.

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

Not much to reply but I feel those are interesting choices.
    Not sure why.
    Haven't done flatlands after I always flatland the jump in the middle of it 🙄 – I know I know
    and the other un-named track is good fun i guess. enjoy the two sharp berms 50m from the end of the track.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘DH trails at FoD. How steep?’ is closed to new replies.