Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • DH Bar/Stem options
  • jonnych
    Free Member

As per title really, anyone got any recommendations? In terms of stems looking at something like a thomson x4, sunline v1 etc, not so sure on the bar front though

chakaping
    Free Member

I really like Truvativ Holzfellar stems. Very nicely made and usually goig cheap somewhere.

You could spend the money you save there on an Easton Carbon DH bar.

Curly68
    Free Member

I have got a matching set of Renthal Fat bars and stem. Only come in 50mm length though.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jam-bo

the renthal kit looks properly tidy.

as does the sunline.

depends on what suits and whether you want stupid wide bars…

Bagstard
    Free Member

Hope 50mm stem, strong, light, pretty. Any bars you like, sunline v1 711mm for me.

paule
    Free Member

Bit of a cheapo option, but I really like the bikehut "extreme" stems. Very low stack height, no noticable twist, 50mm long. Currently running sunline v2 bars with mine and it's a very nice setup.

geetee1972
    Free Member

I've had three different types of handlebar in the last 6 months – Burgtecs, Sunline V1s and have setteled on the Renthal Fat Bar. To be perfectly honest, I cannot remotely tell the difference between any of them. They have all been more or less the same width (750mm or thereabouts) and the rise has been 20-40mm. But even so, i just can't tell the difference.

Once you've figured out what width WORKS FOR YOU (NOT ANYONE ELSE) then it's more or less a matter of what you want to spend and what you like the look of. I'll be honest and confess that I've been changing simply for cosmetic/brand reasons.

The only objective comment I can add is that the Burgtecs flexed a frightening amount, so much so that you can clearly see them moving around 10mm either side of horizontal. It is very disconcerting when you see it.

peterfile
    Free Member

RaceFace Diabolus onepointfive bars and stem.

Stiff as a paedo at preschool.

zangolin
    Free Member

Straitline stem + Spank Royala bars

I_Ache
    Free Member

Ive got a straitline wedge stem for sale if that interests you.

65mm and £35

edit: Not the same as the one above.

GavinB

I was running a Holzfeller stem, but switched to a Sunline direct mount as I wanted as low as possible front end. Not a huge difference, but slightly lighter as well.

Ran RF Atlas bars until I bent them in a crash, so now running slightly narrower flat Sunline V1 bars (around 760mm). I have a set of Easton DH bars, but don't really like them due to the hi-rise.

Low and wide seems to suit me and my riding position on my bike.

jonnych
    Free Member

Price isn't a huge worry for me as I work in a bike shop so I get trade prices. RF Atlas or renthal fat bars look nice to me, really struggling to decide on a stem though! Seems like the general decision for DH is lower and wider

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘DH Bar/Stem options’ is closed to new replies.