Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Detention of failed asylum seekers ruled as unlawful – WTF!
  • Spongebob
    Free Member

Surely, if a failed asylum seeker is detained and has a family, that the only right and proper solution is to keep the family together!?

The implications of today’s ruling that we will have to set up separate hostels for these children. These will need high numbers of staff, to do the job of each of the mothers (who will then be sat doing nothing in the detention centre down the road). The children won’t be free to come and go from the hostel because their safety could be put at risk. In effect, it will just be another detention centre, minus mum! Well done you naive numpty do gooders!

Neither having these children in detention, nor in a hostel is good good situation, but a separate hostel will cause distress by seperating the families. Children may be open to abuse and the business of deporting the family will become more protracted and costly, if not unworkable. This will encourage more people to seek asylum here.

The judiciary in this country is to damned soft on certain groups! I’m seriously wondering if these people are of this world because they just seem bent on doing the wrong thing! This undermines the sensibilities of normal people. It betrays people’s sense of right and wrong.

A politician stealing tax payer’s money gets a paltry 9 months in an open prison, whilst a reckless idiot student gets 18 months for throwing a fire extinguiser off a roof. I am not condoning idiot behaviour – the student got a fair sentence – he could have easily killed someone!

What irks me is the leniency for certain groups:

Thieving politicians should be made an example of and get a punishment commensurate with stealing such large sums. I’m sure there are many theives behind bars who have been locked up for longer, but for much lower value thefts. These people might well have had circumstances that would driven them to be so badly behaved (again, i’m not condoning them). Conversely, a politician on his great salary and unbeleivable pension has no such motivation! In light of this and due to his high public standing, much longer terms are appropriate!

As for asylum seekers, they should get very basic food and shelter and be deported within a week of their case being ruled unsuccessful. All this fannying about and what to do with their childern is a “nice to have” that we really shouldn’t be troubling ourselves with, which we certainly can’t and shouldn’t afford!

I don’t even want to talk about the way our authorities pussy foot around certain religious minorities, pandering to their every whinge. The fear that we might offend them etc. I should imagine they are laughing their cocks off at us! That’s another whole subject on it’s own!

What about the people of THIS country? For a change, what about a bit of bloody fair play and consistency from our authorities? We are all in this together right? So how about a more level playing field?

If the powers to be carry on with their seemingly barmy ways, these people will eventually cause instability and social unrest.

The developing world knows how damned soft we are and needy people will go to extreme lengths to get here so they can cash in on the unbelievable handouts and our soft receptive approach. There is a whole network of crooks trafficing people here and these desperate people frequently spend their entire life’s savings to get here.

We just seem to go on encouraging more of this. It’s time other EU countries did their bit, or we were compensated for this nonsense.

Stoner
    Free Member

is there a praecis of this on the Daily Mail site?

kimbers

i think its nicely summed up by the old couple in this flyer

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

So you think jailing innocent children is the right thing to do?

nice

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

isn’t there some sort of island we can just leave them on and let them fend for themselves? equip them with basic survival tools like 2 pairs of boxer shorts and last week’s copy of the daily mail and let them get on with it? then, if they fail, we can just feed them to the lions in the zoo whilst singing land of hope and glory?
    when do the schools go back?

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

kimbers

– even more nicely summed up by the picture of the spitfire

5thElefant
    Free Member

I like the idea of a fella who is so keen to live here that he’s entered the country clinging to the bottom of a train, or rowed over in a bath tub. He sounds the very epitome of British.*

Can’t we just keep the keen fella and send some home grown sofa fungus back in lieu?

* If he’s overstayed a student visa I’m not impressed.

Spongebob
    Free Member

Beware of being brainwashed by comic newspapers: The Guardian, the Daily Mail, The Sun, The Mirror etc.

I pity anyone who buys these rags and who thinks they deliver balanced news!

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Indeed, get the REAL NEWS here

IanMunro
    Free Member

Have we had a thread on what the most popular boy’s name in England now is? 😀

thomthumb
    Free Member

BROKEN BRITAIN!!

ojom
    Free Member

Is that BNP ad actually real?

if so i despair. What a total pile of nonsense.

Jamie
    Free Member

Have we had a thread on what the most popular boy’s name in England now is?

On the Daily Mail’s website funnily enough…. 8)

Click to be outraged.

IanMunro
    Free Member
    binners

The BNP ad is indeed real. You’ll notice that the Spitfire carries the insignia of a Polish RAF squadron.

Well… you may notice. The bright boys at the BNP didn’t 🙂

Bloody scrounging sponging Eastern Yurpeans were invading us even then and stealing our Spitfires to go and shoot Germans with. Or summfink. I forget

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Of course there is an easy solution to all this – treat the asylum se3ekers fairly and quickly. the only reason why we have loads of failed asylum seekers is that there legal process acts really slowly.

Justice delayed is justice denied

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Of course there is an easy solution to all this

A final solution would be to just cull everything that isn’t English and white, which I think is the direction spongebrain is going
    It might also help if you’re thick and ugly with a passion for DM’s and union jack t-shirts, which I think is the direction spongebrain has already went

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

duntmatter
    Free Member

BermBandit
    Free Member

Spongebob: A point you may have overlooked in your DailyMailesque rant. Our laws, we broke them, our fault.

Northwind

That flyer was a classic- they got well and truly caught out, they didn’t even bother finding members with those opinions, just made up some quotes and googled for suitable pictures….

The Scots Guardsman photographed, Stuart Walker, said “I was completely outraged when I saw this leaflet. I think they got the photo off a website and the quote they’ve made up. They are scumbags and I’d never vote for them in a million years”

The “doctor” turned out to be a picture from a US casting company IIRC, and the pensioners turned out to be italian.

So yeah, vote for them, they’re dead good

Nick Griffin claimed the spitfire thing was deliberate though, because they’re totally in favour of immigrants as long as they come here, defend us in a war, and then either die or go home afterwards.

Edric64
    Free Member

This joke just arrived

Europe has decided that it is no longer acceptable to call people illegal immigrants or asylum seekers.They should now be addressed as “Travellers without authority to stay”

OR t.w .a .t.s for short

scraprider
    Free Member

send them all back at the same time , simples.

nickf
    Free Member

A politician stealing tax payer’s money gets a paltry 9 months in an open prison

Chaytor actually got 18 months

a reckless idiot student gets 18 months for throwing a fire extinguiser off a roof.

2 1/2 years, in fact

Thieving politicians should be made an example of and get a punishment commensurate with stealing such large sums.

Chaytor was sentenced per normal guidelines. What, you think he should get longer just because he’s a politician? Why?

Conversely, a politician on his great salary and unbeleivable pension has no such motivation!

MPs don’t get paid that much, y’know, and it’s not like they have job security.

which we certainly can’t and shouldn’t afford!

We can afford it. Whether we should is a moot point.

I don’t even want to talk about the way our authorities pussy foot around certain religious minorities, pandering to their every whinge. The fear that we might offend them etc. I should imagine they are laughing their cocks off at us!

You’re assuming that “us” are all white Christians, aren’t you? Big mistake.

That’s another whole subject on it’s own!

So why mention it in just about every post?

If the powers to be carry on with their seemingly barmy ways, these people will eventually cause instability and social unrest.

You mention this one pretty frequently as well. Enoch Powell was wrong with the Rivers of Blood speech in 1968, you’re wrong now. Or would you like to see unrest, so you and your crew-cut makes can gaive them forriners (sic) a good hiding.

The developing world knows how damned soft we are and needy people will go to extreme lengths to get here so they can cash in on the unbelievable handouts and our soft receptive approach.

There are a huge number of illegals here who are working, not just claiming benefit. These people have come here because despite the hardship and the danger, it’s a lot better than living in, say, Somalia.

It’s time other EU countries did their bit, or we were compensated for this nonsense.

They do.

Since you’ve spouted a lot of rhetoric, allow me to give the other point of view, with references:

Asylum seekers do not come to the UK to claim benefits. In fact, most know nothing about welfare benefits before they arrive and had no expectation that they would receive financial support.
    (Refugee Council, Chance or Choice? Understanding why asylum seekers come to the UK, 2009)

Most asylum seekers are living in poverty and experience poor health and hunger.
    (Independent Asylum Commission citizens’ inquiry in The Independent, 22 October 2007)

Almost all asylum seekers are not allowed to work and are forced to rely on state support – this can be as little as £5 a day to live on.
    Asylum seekers do not jump the queue for council housing and they cannot choose where they live. The accommodation allocated to them is not paid for by the local council. It is nearly always ‘hard to let’ properties, where other people do not want to live.

The vast majority of people seeking asylum are law abiding people.
    (Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO), Guide to meeting the policing needs of asylum seekers and refugees, 2001)

Immigrants, including refugees, pay more into the public purse compared to their UK born counterparts. (Institute for Public Policy Research, Paying their way: the fiscal contribution of immigrants in the UK, 2005)

An estimated 30,000 jobs have been created in Leicester by Ugandan Asian refugees since 1972. (The Observer, They fled with nothing but built a new empire, 11 August 2002)

About 1,200 medically qualified refugees are recorded on the British Medical Association’s database (BMA/Refugee Council refugee doctor database, 4 June 2008)

It is estimated that it costs around £25,000 to support a refugee doctor to practise in the UK. Training a new doctor is estimated to cost between £200,000 and £250,000. (Reaping the rewards: re-training refugee healthcare professionals for the NHS, October 2009 NHS Employers)

Asylum-seeking children contribute very positively to schools across the country. This in turn enables more successful integration of families into local communities. (Office for Standards in Education, The education of asylum seeker pupils, October 2003)

There is no such thing as an ‘illegal’ or ‘bogus’ asylum seeker. Under international law, anyone has the right to apply for asylum in any country that has signed the 1951 Convention and to remain there until the authorities have assessed their claim. There is nothing in international law to say that refugees must claim asylum in the first country they reach. It is recognised in the 1951 Convention that people fleeing persecution may have to use irregular means in order to escape and claim asylum in another country – there is no legal way to travel to the UK for the specific purpose of seeking asylum.
    (United Nations 1951 Convention Relating to the Status of Refugees)

The UK asylum system is strictly controlled and complex. It is very difficult to get asylum. The decision-making process is extremely tough and many people’s claims are rejected. Initial Home Office decision-making remains poor. In 2009, the courts overturned Home Office decisions in 28% of asylum appeals.
    (Home Office asylum statistics fourth quarter 2009)

Since 2005 most people recognised as refugees are only given permission to stay in the UK for five years and can have their case reviewed at any time. This makes it difficult for them to make decisions about their future, to find work and make definite plans for their life in the UK.

Poor countries – not the UK – look after most of the world’s refugees

The UK is home to less than 2% of the world’s refugees – out of 16 million worldwide.
    (UNHCR 2008 Global Trends: Refugees, Asylum seekers, Returnees, Internally Displaced and Stateless Persons, 2009)

About 80% of the world’s refugees are living in developing countries, often in camps. Africa and Asia between them host more than three quarters of the world’s refugees. Europe looks after just 14%.
    (UNHCR 2007 Global Trends: Refugees, Asylum seekers, Returnees, Internally Displaced and Stateless Persons, 2008)

Enough facts?

maccruiskeen

From the mail

A total of 7,549 newborns were given 12 variations of the Islamic prophet Mohammed’s name last year, such as Muhammad and Mohammad.

Thats a bit of journalistic foul play – counting different variations of a name together. If you grouped together all the children given alternate versions of hmmmmmm a saints name like ‘John’ in the UK together, such as

John:
    Džons
    Džonas
    Eoin
    Evan
    Gino,
    Giovanni, Gianni
    Gjon or Gjin
    Hans
    Honza
    Iain
    Ian
    Ioan
    Ion
    Ionel
    Ieuan
    Ivan
    Jan
    Ján
    Jani (
    Janez
    J?nis
    Janka
    János
    Jean
    Jens
    Joan
    João
    Johan
    Johann
    Jóhannes
    Jon
    Jón
    Jonas
    Johnny
    Jonathan
    Juan
    Seán
    Shane
    Shawn
    Siôn
    Xoán
    Yanka
    Yann
    Yanni
    Yohannan
    Yohannes
    Yonnachan
    Youhannon
    Yahya
    and wait for it…. wait for it…….. Jack

would they add up to more than 7,549?

Jamie
    Free Member

*tips hat at nickf*

Junkyard
    Free Member

For Nick

for spongebob

epicyclo

BigButSlimmerBloke – Member
    A final solution would be to just cull everything that isn’t English…

There’s 5 million or so people up north who might have a slight objection to the guy who proposed that…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

😯

(Is in awe of Nickf)

That is a Mega-Post. Like a normal post, but properly mega. Rarely have I seen such a systematic and comprehensive dismantling of the argument postulated by another poster, as this. I bow down to such greatness.

Also, a nod to Maccruiskeen. Very good.

Just to add a bit of info; it is traditional for first-born Muslim boys to be named Mohammed at birth, alongside their other given name/s. I was born into a Muslim family, and had Mohammed as my first name. It din’t however get onto my birth certificate, and many Muslims won’t actually put down Mohammed as their child’s first name, but will use it in formal address. It’s almost like a prefix.

Nothing more sinister than that really. Sorry to disappoint.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

nickf – respect
    *tips hat*

khani
    Free Member

nickf,. 😀 respect. Your my aero

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Detention of failed asylum seekers ruled as unlawful – WTF!’ is closed to new replies.