Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Desire battery issue
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

My battery is taking an age to charge…capacity is down since new but not drastically recently. 15 months old.

Time for a new one?

trademark
    Free Member

A 15 month-old smartphone battery, it’ll be drained imo.

http://www.nicecans.co.uk/htc-phone-accessories-batteries-c-67_44_93.html

TM

cynic-al
    Free Member

OK so the new battery makes no difference…warranty job?

Cougar

Fully drain it, fully charge it, rinse and repeat.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Got the t shirt already!

takisawa2

My mates went back for the same fault recently. Writing this on a HD that’s actually pretty good. On Android 2.3.5

Stoner
    Free Member

my HTC Legend is on a 20 month battery and still holding a good charge.

maxray
    Free Member

My desire is 20months and still holds fine too. I have been thinking about a new one as a friend bought an aftermarket battery that gives him 2days + charge.

Cougar

Which one did he get? I’m not aware of a straight replacement for the original Desire (that isn’t silly money).

Got an Anker (yes, yes) battery for the Sensation, it’s very very good.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Hmmm….wonder if I can get a new phone out of this?

Shame I had to btw a new battery to find out…internet advice in “incorrect” shocker!

Cougar

Worth a punt regardless. Ring your provider before you buy anything.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Ta…odd thing is it’s not a consistent fault. Will speak to Orange…guess I’ll have to get something cheap as A spare while it gets investigated.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Well…Orange said it’s not their problem as it’s out of the 1 year warranty and HTC would likely tell me to ram it as it’s a wear and tear issue on the charging port (WTF?), HTC said do a re-set, which, oddly, may have worked!

cynic-al
    Free Member

PSA for those interested (prob only me!)

Apparently your Desire charging cable has certain connections in the micro usb soldered together, and so can draw more current (WTF?), charging with the proper cable seems to work better and weirdly gives a “better” full charge than the cheap cable (WTF Squared)

Bez

the first wtf is fairly common; the USB standard specifies a certain current limit and many devices identify faster chargers by the short on two of the pins. bit of a hack but it’s widely used

cynic-al
    Free Member

If only you’d been here a month ago 😉

stumpy01

As I understand it, the proper cable does give you a faster charge.

Same with the car charger. It charges at a higher rate than cheap aftermarket ones. I got a genuine HTC charger for the car to plug its in when using Google Nav.
    Had read reports of nav discharging battery even when charging when using a non HTC lead, where’s the proper lead will power the device while using nav and charge the battery…

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Desire battery issue’ is closed to new replies.