Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Deore xt shifters
  • lee93
    Free Member

Hi all any one no where I can get some blanking plates for my xt shifters
    As the bit that tells you what gear your in (cant think of the name!) is restricting me from one finger braking never looked down to see them anyway! as you just know what gear your in! They are the ones that remove as the little screws are there! crc don’t seem to have them on there web!

burnie
    Free Member

They should be clipped on the back of the gear indicators

honourablegeorge

XT shifters come with the blanking plates inside – remove the shift indicators (two little screws) and the blanking plates are fixed to the underside of them, they attach with one screw each.

honourablegeorge

Although apparently the newer ones don’t have them

TooTall
    Free Member

Then go crazy and put some electrical tape over the holes. No problems 5 years later.

honourablegeorge

Or drill a tiny holes in a plectrum and screw that on

lee93
    Free Member

Ha Tootall think I’ll give the electrical tape a miss! Thanx for the info fellas I’ll have a look!

TooTall
    Free Member

Ha Tootall think I’ll give the electrical tape a miss!

Why? Before Shimano put the covers in there that was the default answer. Waterproof, you can’t see it and, as I said, 5 years later with mine and not a missed shift.

honourablegeorge

The covers aren’t that much sturdier than electrical tape, TBH

lee93
    Free Member

I won’t have a chance to look until Friday night now! Nothing wrong with electrical tape (too tall) I couldn’t live with it knowing I have tape over them. When the indicator has been removed does it show all the cable coiled up inside?

andyl
    Free Member

nope. just shows an obscure bit of the mechanism that moves the lever on the shift window.

lee93
    Free Member

Thanx for the info fellas I’ll have a look Friday and see what it’s like with them off! Them paches may even do the job? Well see Thanx again

pottsathome
    Free Member

Lee I have a set of blanking plates if your s are nt their. Drop me a line and I ll post you them

takisawa2

I couldn’t live with it knowing I have tape over them.

🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

Use some carbon fibre patches, they are well cool.

As for electrical tape, I bet that tootall is over 40.

TooTall
    Free Member

I bet that tootall is over 40

Nope.
    As I said – it was the default answer before they made covers for the (tiny) hole.

creamegg
    Free Member

the insides of slx shifter is all exposed after the covers came off during a ride but still works perfectly well after 6 months. Im waiting for them to die so it gives me an excuse to upgrade.

votchy
    Free Member

I use the clear Park self adhesive patches on mine, still nicely stuck fast 5 years on

lee93
    Free Member

Finished work at a good time tonight so had the chance to take alook after removing the Indcatiors the caps where slotted in the backs so job done! Thanx for the info fellas!
    I contacted my lbs today told them about wanting to remove them thy said yes can be done but we will have to order some £12.99…..WTF is my lbs trying to rob me as they must know the shifters had caps stored behind them?? Good job I looked

xcentric
    Free Member

Finger plasters are surely the answer, and you have spares for when you fall off.

flatfish
    Free Member

Can I do the same with SLX shifters?

Rickos
    Free Member

I believe SLX also have the blanks under the shift windows, so yes. Have a look – only takes a minute (girl).

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Deore xt shifters’ is closed to new replies.