Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Deore XT M776 wheelset – opinions?
  • PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Need to get a new bolt-thru wheelset and these have had good write-ups, despite being a bit lardy.

I know all about cup/cone vs. sealed bearing – I own, and have worked on, both Shimano and Hope hubs in the past.

What I do like is centre-lock rotors (well, I like the idea), tubeless (already run it) and they do look very purdy!

Otherwise I'm open to alternative ideas…

Any opinions out there?

epicsteve
    Free Member

I bought a set of the M776's 2nd hand and have been impressed with them so far. I don't know what weight they are but they're lighter than the other 20mm axle wheelset I have (XT and no-name hubs on D721). They do also look very good.

Chase
    Free Member

Had mine for about 2 years now. No worries about 24 spokes – Still as true as the day they were built and i've not been particulary carefull with them either. I haven't yet done any maintainance on the cones as they are still running fine. The front felt a little tight at first but it runs freely now. My only worry long term, is spares. The spokes aren't exactly common but snapping one is probably also highly unlikely. Only other possible problem will be a cone spanner for the front hub – it's a big 'n'. Heard tales of crappy freehubs, but again, no problems there either. And, yep, they do look great.

chakaping
    Free Member

Was thinking about selling my pair as I snapped them up cheap and didn't really need them.

Email in profile if yr interested in s/h.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Chakaping – ygm.

mildred

chakaping you've got more mail!!

mark

banginon

madison don't even have spare spokes for these wheels 🙁

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Deore XT M776 wheelset – opinions?’ is closed to new replies.