Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • deore m525 or elixir 5's?
  • pondyyfz
    Free Member

have the choice of running one of these brake sets, i already own both. the elixir 5 have good power but they sqeel really bad which i cannot get rid of with adjustment etc, have searched google with countless other people with this and many other issues. the deore have less power but have never had any problems with them but after somthing with more power on a budject. maybe its better in the long run to have a brake that has less power but more reliable and easier to use?

flow
    Free Member

If you already own both and can swap whenever you want, why do you need peoples opinions on here? Surely you can figure it out yourself.

jonb
    Free Member

run the deores until the pisotn seals go and then change to the elixirs

pondyyfz
    Free Member

one is going on ebay, just unsure on which, the avids are good but the in the long run they seem to wear out and break alot, and sound horrible. the deore seem fine just lower on power

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’d keep the Deores personally, and squeeze the lever harder! 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

i would sell them both and get a set you want Mates with SLX’s rave about them.

tomaso
    Free Member

I dislike Avid brakes and would plump for the deores on sheer relaibility. I am still running a mk1 deore disc brake on my commuter that must be getting on for 9 years old!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘deore m525 or elixir 5's?’ is closed to new replies.