Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Dentists – veneers
  • tails
    Free Member

I want to get my teeth all straight and be able to smile properly. I went to my dentist planning to have a brace fitted after a brief conversation he recommended veneers as my teeth are discoloured, or a combination of the two.

Has anyone had veneers as I thought they were more invasive than braces, I plan to get a consultation by an orthodontist as well. It seems a very unregulated industry.

hora
    Free Member

I have a gap between my two front (top) teeth – probably 3mm (uniform)- about 25yrs ago I had two veneers done and they are still there today.

anjs
    Free Member

Yes me too both top front teeth were done 30 years ago and still going strong with no problems. Can remember the teeth feeling quick thick when it was done but soon got used to it.

nickc

It seems a very unregulated industry.

It’s very regulated, but don’t let that worry you. Like any cosmetic procedure, you need to be aware of the risks. Veneers need to be bonded to teeth, and whilst its stable and should last 10-30 years you need to chose the dentist carefully, and weigh up the pros and cons of having a nice smile, vs the ( very small) risk of complications later on.

technicallyinept
    Free Member

I had some fitted almost 20 years ago (cost me £4).
    I’m not looking forward to cost when they need replacing.

Have had no problems with the veneers but …

as my teeth continued to move after having them fitted (aged 21), one of the veneered teeth (an incisor) got pushed forward and was replaced by a crown for cosmetic reasons (aged approx 29). I am on my third crown as the bloody thing keeps breaking.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Have a couple of veneers,had them fitted probably 20 yrs ago and have been fairly issue free, until the last few yrs where ive broken 2 in the last 18 months and then its an utter nitemare trying to get the colour to match again …. one is fine but the other one , ive never been happy with and Oh .. expect to pay from £350 for a single veneer 😯

tails
    Free Member

Thanks, that sounds better than I thought. Those with veneers are were your teeth reasonably straight before having veneers?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

What are the rough costs of veneers these days then? Are they like crowns?

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

as above … £350 upwards , depending on how many you have done at the same time …. there are porcelain veneers and composite veneers which are cheaper but arent as long lasting

fenred
    Free Member

I know 2 people that have had veneers done within the last 12 months, £8-9K for top set only front to back, done properly….Frightening!! 😯

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Jaysus!!

fenred
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – Member

Jaysus!!

Shocking eh? Mind you that was London/H Street prices, so I guess if a jobs worth doing and all that…

Still more doh than my bikes and car put together tho 😐

glupton1976
    Free Member

My four front top teeth were done 21 years ago. I had to get a root canal done on one of them last year. The dentist reckons they’ll probably last another 20 years.

technicallyinept
    Free Member

Thanks, that sounds better than I thought. Those with veneers are were your teeth reasonably straight before having veneers?

Mine were quite wonky. Pretty sure that these days I would have had braces fitted as a child.

I was referred to the Liverpool Dental Hospital to see about my suitability for braces. The dentist said I’d need my jaw resetting of some such nonsense after having the braces and recommended the veneer route. Hence, I got them almost free.

nealglover
    Free Member

My OH had a full top set of veneers done a few years ago (and it was bloody expensive!)

She has a gorgeous smile and is very happy with them though, so it was money well spent 🙂

bruneep

Wife had 2 done years ago still look good. Not sure of cost as we are on a monthly scheme but dentist said she would be in credit for a good few years.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Dentists – veneers’ is closed to new replies.