Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Deg yn Llandegla 10 hour event
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hi chaps,

Just got back from the 10 at Llandegla No Fuss event. A very well organised event, with a fantastic atmosphere.

I was supporting the team Loco BM-Racing, and we pitched two male solo riders and a mixed pair.

We managed a 2nd place solo and a 2nd place mixed team – with an incredibly tense race between 1st and second with Durham. Our pair were 1st from about 3 hours in and held onto that position until the final lap when the Durham chap overtook our female rider – well fought by both parties.

The awards for podium finishers were spot-on, medals. Lots of spot prizes for everyone else too.

It was a great event, with a very friendly atmosphere. Well done and thanks to the No Fuss chaps for a great weekend.

PS. If anyone has any photos – let me know.

Ricks

LoCo
    Free Member

😀 😀 😀 Go Team! 😀

richpips
    Free Member

I have photos. Will post a link to them once they are up.

richpips
    Free Member
    seventy4
    Free Member

Here are a few of the photos I took on Saturday, apologies for not managing to stick around all day and get shots of all competitors!

deg@degla 10 Hour Enduro 2011

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

I managed a 3rd place solo. To be honest called it a day with over two hours still to race. Boredom set in, but as I ride the centre weekly, hardly surprising! Thought they could have come up with a more interesting course if I’m honest.

pete_louise
    Free Member

Well daisy duke this is my first post.Seen loads of pics of you but none of us lot,gutted

rickon
    Free Member

For those of use that don’t ride Llandegla often, we found it a brilliant course – it would have stood up brilliantly in the wet too 🙂

huw
    Free Member

Hats off to No Fuss in my opinion for organising such a fantastic event with the chaps at Llandegla. I’ve done a fair few endurance events by now and that was among the best of the courses in my opinion. I’ve only ridden Llandegla once so it was all pretty fresh and new to me, but it’s not often you get such a brilliant descent as a reward for your efforts. Even after 11 laps I was still loving it, even though it was pretty brutal after that distance.

seventy4
    Free Member

@pete_louise, let me know your numbers and I’ll look through and see if I got any photos of you…

Adam@BikeWorks
    Free Member

@ seventy4 – could you have a look for us too?
    Numbers 121,122 & 123.

Cheers.

stevemtb
    Free Member

Some great photos there Richpips, one of the ones of me even makes me look fast – great trick photography!!

Mixed feelings about the track, it was pretty damn good in some places. Technical enough to be interesting but not too hard for an endurance event then there was the first climb….. Not sure what else they could have done but sure if there was an option it would have been used. Think the rest of the course did make up for it.

It was pretty greasy in parts of the forest though, felt terrible on hard tyre pressures.

Overall definitely enjoyed it but wasn’t on any kind of form and felt sick most of it.

Another thumbs up for the No Fuss guys.

pete_louise
    Free Member

seventy4 our numbers were 128 129 and 127 would be great if you could find some pics

radoggair
    Free Member

Huw – Great job on a great result !!.

Hope twinklydave will recover o.k.. Adrenaline always kicks in after bad crashes but pain comes later. Hope he’s o.k. for Kielder

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Deg yn Llandegla 10 hour event’ is closed to new replies.