Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Deep Purple
  • xcgb
    Free Member

Just got tickets to see them at the roundhouse in Camden Quite a small venue.

I know Gillans voice isn’t what it was, but hey its deep purple!

Quite excited 😀

spchantler
    Free Member

who’s gonna be john lord?

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Yes I wondered that? Will there be a medium at the keyboard?

DezB
    Free Member

who’s gonna be john lord?

Do people who go to see these ancient reformed bands really care if it’s not all the original members?

tarquin
    Free Member

Will be Glover, Gillan, Morse, Paice and Airey so three original members really, and not like the other two are some young upstarts.

Seen them twice live, in Sydney this weekend just gone and in Manchester 4-5 years ago.

Gillan still has a fantastic voice IMO but didnt do as much vocally as he might have.

Overall they do a great show, long keyboard solo at the weekend which isn’t my thing but the rest was great.

xcgb
    Free Member

Do people who go to see these ancient reformed bands really care if it’s not all the original members

think they have carried on not reformed. new album is coming out so they aren’t just playing the hits

I expect keyboards will be Don Airey, he was doing it before Jon lord died anyway

DezB
    Free Member

Well, still ancient anyway 😉

xcgb
    Free Member

Cant argue with that! (even on STW)

Inbred456
    Free Member

Wot no Ritchie!

lovegoinguphills
    Free Member

Steve Morse is a stunning guitar player with one of the best picking techniques around.

Sandwich

Wot no Ritchie!

I believe there were artistic differences in the 80’s which will preclude that!

nedrapier

I probably got the same email as you yesterday! I’ve had Highway Star in my head ever since. No idea why that one, but I’ve had worse tracks in my head.

Want to play it loud when I get home, but ears will be ringing from Amon Tobin in a couple of hours. Ooh! Maybe that’s why it’s that song?

xcgb
    Free Member

Yeah Steve Morse is a way better player than Mr Blackmore ever was.

His minstrel band are coming to my town soon might have to go…….

LS
    Free Member

Yeah Steve Morse is a way better player than Mr Blackmore ever was.

I’d say that was debatable, at the very least!
    Morse might be technically the better player but Ritchie has that sound, and it could be argued that that is Deep Purple.

Ask a hundred randoms who the guitarist is in Deep Purple and you’ll get many more answers of Ritchie Blackmore than you would Steve Morse. You’d probably get more Tommy Bolins to be honest 😉

ThePinkster

tarquin – Member
    Will be Glover, Gillan, Morse, Paice and Airey so three original members really, and not like the other two are some young upstarts.

Technically speaking Gillan isn’t an original member either.
    I’ll never forget seeing them with full ’70’s line-up at Knebworth.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Saw ’em at Leeds Town Hall in 1971 (my 2nd gig) – Gillan, Blackmore,Lord, Paice and Glover.
    Couldn’t hear for 3 days after. Happy days. 🙂

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Also saw the Gillan, Blackmore,Lord,Paice and Glover line up and by christ they were loud, great too

Went to one disastrous Purple gig with Tommy Bolin at Wembley, Empire Pool always had lousy acoustics, but it was pretty dreadful anyway

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Deep Purple’ is closed to new replies.