Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Decent Wheel Builders Plymouth
  • Si
    Free Member

Anyone know of owt good? Ta

foxyrider
    Free Member

Thought of building your own – done 5 now and very happy with them 🙂

neilforrow

not in plym, but over the hill… chaz is one of the best around…

http://www.cctweaked.co.uk

xcwanabe
    Free Member

Tony @ Certini is pretty good.
    01752 849315

Del

i’ve built a few, so’s Tim. i expect one of us would sit next to you and laugh…

Si
    Free Member

Fair enough Del, so long as you know what your letting yourself in for. But then you have seen how I treat them…

qwerty
    Free Member

hi Si – how thngs? whats your new build?

I’m struggling to get out riding recently, i need some decent local trails!

i managed to lace my cross wheels by following Sheldon Browns online instructions, the rear did take 3 attempts to get right but the front was simples as radial but you’ll probably be best off without that kinda ghey lacing.

i trust your well and shreddin Dartmoor, we’ve not been down for ages but i’ll give you a shout when we are

M

Christowkid
    Free Member

Neil:
    I’ve checked out Chaz’z site – where is he now? The telephone number I think is Exmouth way maybe???
    It was only last week I found he’d left his old bike shop, my lbs, and he actually built my bike for me!
    Just curious….
    cheers
    Q

Si
    Free Member

Yeah all good Martin. Il drop you a mail about a few dates goin on. You moved yet?

Jim_Kirk
    Free Member

when I lived there I used barretto’s, which is the bike cellar now; dont what they’re like now unfortunatley. They’re next to the fire station on plymstock broadway.

neilforrow

Christowkid

Neil:
    I’ve checked out Chaz’z site – where is he now? The telephone number I think is Exmouth way maybe???
    It was only last week I found he’d left his old bike shop, my lbs, and he actually built my bike for me!
    Just curious….
    cheers
    Q

he is based out of woodbury now… got a unit next to thumbprint tuning.

julianwilson
    Free Member

+1 for Certini’s Tony. When he finds the time to get round to it they are very good. And have a haggle with him, even if you don’t get much off he is usually a most entertaining person to bargain with 😀 .

Cyclescene also not bad IIRC.

Or if you’ve already got the bits, I’ll do it slighly (but only slightly) less well for a bottle of Soave.

Christowkid
    Free Member

Neil: thanks for that, worth remembering!
    Q

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Decent Wheel Builders Plymouth’ is closed to new replies.