• This topic has 14 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by timc.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Decent sub £120 hotel in London inc breakfast?
  • phutureproof
    Free Member

I’m going with my wife and 4-year-old to see Wizard of Oz in London at the beginning of March. We need a hotel for a saturday night stay and wondered if anyone could recommend anything. We want to have some sort of breakfast included (don’t like hotels that don’t include it), and it doesn’t need to be posh.

Any tips/suggestions?

FuzzyWuzzy

I’d just check out Premier Inn availability first

MrsPoddy
    Free Member

you could try last minute.com, wotif.com, have also used booking.com for some cracking hotels in europe another plus is that it is great to see other peoples views as well.

phutureproof
    Free Member

I’ve had a look at lastminute.com. So many of them don’t have breakfast included, despite being rather expensive, and so many get rather average reviews. Will have a look at wotif.com – never heard of that.

Premier Inn is a good idea – will check that too.

Junkyard
    Free Member

e- mail my sister in law runs one in that there London may be able to get you a deal ss they are mainly a conference centre and quiet at the weekends

belgianbob

Mrs B usually uses The Omega Hotel in Sussex Gardens, near Paddington Station.
    It’s basic, but clean and comfy and I think you should get it all in for under £120. They even have a parking space too, but you’ll need a congestion charge ticket anyway…

It’s used a lot by working people, so is often empty or nearly empty at weekends.

scottyjohn
    Free Member

I always use laterooms.com. Stayed at the City Inn Westminster for a show trip with the other half and was about £120 I think

phutureproof
    Free Member

Will check out The Omega Hotel…thanks. Will be going by train or Oxford Tube, so congestion charge won’t apply.

Junkyard – which hotel if you don’t mind me asking?

toby1

NH Hotels are pretty good too (as is city inn in Westminster although I don’t think they do breakfast in with the cost) – AVOID Travel Lodges specially the Euston one 🙂

Divagirl
    Free Member

another vote for lastminute.com. I’ve had some really good deals with their ‘secret’ offers too if they still do them. It’s pretty easy to work out the general location if not the actual hotel from the descriptions.

Edric64
    Free Member

Try a family room package in a Youth hostel

horatio
    Free Member

Laterooms.co.uk

Grosvenor by Victoria isn’t total Bosnia, but personally I’d budget at least 200 if you’re staying central.

hh45
    Free Member

As a Londoner I don’t stay in nearby hotels but there are loads of branded budget hotels around Victoria, Kings Cross (not as seedy and rough as a few years ago, quite family friendly), Euston, Old Street, Waterloo. Mainly modern purpose built and advertising from £40 (say) so must be able to find sub £120.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’ve heard good things about the City Inn Westminster from anyone who has used it. Some good pubs nearby as well.

timc
    Free Member

Cumberland by Marble Arch is where I stay with work, decent & good location!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Decent sub £120 hotel in London inc breakfast?’ is closed to new replies.