Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Decent restaurants in North Wales/Anglesey?
  • RustySpanner

As above really, any recommendations?

It’s our anniversary whilst away so fancy somewhere decent.
    Used to go to The Glentraeth at Newborough, but not been for 20 odd years!

Thanks in advance.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

The restaurant in the castle hotel in Conwy is very nice. and while it’s a bit too rough and ready for an anniversary the Ship Inn at Red Wharf Bay does do very good food and is worth a visit on another evening.

geoffj

The Bull in Beaumaris is worth a look.

MartynS

The fine dining bit of the old bulls head in Beaumaris is now in my top 3 meals ever having eaten there last weekend.
    If you’re feeling flush book a room in the Townhouse, really nice.

marsdenman
    Free Member

Plas Bodegroes in Abersoch – assuming it’s still there?
    When we ate there (2 years ago…) it was sublime. Only Michelin Starred restaurant in North Wales IIRC.

RicB

Not been for a couple of years but:

Quarterdeck in Red Wharf Bay (same building as the Lobster Pot iirc)
    Lastra Farm just outside Amlwch

Both were always excellent, although considering the appalling standard of food & customer service in nth Wales standing out wasn’t difficult!

djglover
    Free Member

Plas Bodegroes is awesome, as is the White eagle at Roscolyn

terrahawk
    Free Member

The Quarterdeck at Red Wharf is ace.

don’t sit outside on a nice day though – bit of a wasp problem.

zokes
    Free Member

West Anglesey – White Eagle, Rhoscolyn
    East Anglesey – The Bull, Beaumaris
    Mainland – The Welsh Bistro, Betws-y-Coed – This was the best place I ate in 10 years of living in North Wales

whimbrel
    Free Member

Recently went to The Welsh Bistro in Betws-y-Coed. It was poor. Found out it was up for sale [it still is], so that might explain it.

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

For North Wales, theres the Hotel restaurant and Castell Deudraeth both at Portmeirion village.

The Hotel has a table d’hôte and a la carte menu. While the Castell is a brasserie style restaurant.

We’ve eaten at both when we have stayed in Portmeiron, and they are both excellent restaurants, and the setting of the village just lovely – if you book a meal there, and are not staying at the hotel, you also get free entry to the village for the day.

this_wreckage
    Free Member

Surprised no one has mentioned Cassanovas in Llandudno yet. Surely the best restaurant in the area without traveling all the way to Abersoch. I’ve been several times and never once been disappointed.

zokes
    Free Member

It was poor. Found out it was up for sale [it still is], so that might explain it.

Well, that is a great shame, as it was a brilliant place a couple of years ago. Although I used to find it a pain not opening until 6.30 even in the middle of winter, leaving 2 hours to kill after it was too dark to walk anywhere before I could eat!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Decent restaurants in North Wales/Anglesey?’ is closed to new replies.