Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Decent bike shop in Manhattan
  • Jocko
    Free Member

Can any recommend a decent bike shop in Manhatten – going there in a couple of weeks and want to buy some trinkets..

andyl46
    Free Member

There was a place on 5th avenue in Brooklyn at the junction with Baltic St, its name escapes me, but it had more stock than I've ever seen in any other shop. Quite road influenced, but lordy, worth getting the subway over for…

Edit: found it, R&A 105 5th avenue Brooklyn

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=105+5th+Ave+Brooklyn+New+York&oe=UTF-8&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=105+5th+Ave,+Brooklyn,+Kings,+New+York+11217&gl=us&ei=pmghS5PWD4LQtgO6qYSVBQ&ved=0CAkQ8gEwAA&ll=40.679342,-73.978176&spn=0.043481,0.111151&z=14

Its a lot better than in the photos…

I didn't buy anything, just browsed and looked at the bling, but reading some reviews, the staff might not be the most helpful by the sounds of things!

MussEd
    Free Member

Best shop I found for MTB stuff was down nar the Bowery but i can't remember it's name. Just do a google search and the shop on 3rd/4th street is the one I mean.

Loads of bike shops around but mainly cater for the fixie/road markets.

Also a massive Outdoorsy dpartment store in Union Square which had a really good bik section – canna mind it's name either but google should hlp you out further.

Jocko
    Free Member

thanks chaps

heihei

Sid's are good. Bought a Mojo frame off them a few years back and v helpful They have 2 stores – one each side!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Decent bike shop in Manhattan’ is closed to new replies.