Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Decent All-round Road Tyre?
  • Shandy
    Free Member

I am looking for a decent all-round road tyre. I’ve had Schwalbe Luganos on my Cayo since it arrived, now they are through to the casing is there a better option out there?!

Thanks

pk-ripper
    Free Member

conti gp4000

Shibboleth
    Free Member

+1 for Contis. Ultra Gator Skins here. The Swalbe Ultremos are brilliant but wear quickly and cost a fair bit…

bristolbiker
    Free Member

…or GP 4Seasons… the list will be extensive, the “debate” will rage and your budget and requirements need to be a wee bit more specific to narrow it down.

Shandy
    Free Member

I’d say £30 per tyre or as close as possible. They’ll need to do a bit of everything but I’ll not be doing massive winter miles. I have been looking at trainer tyres but I could maybe save a few quid running the Luganos into the ground on the trainer instead?

tragically1969
    Free Member

Conti’s are bloody awful things, thin sidewalls and tight beads, IMO of course 😉

I would go for Schwalbe Blizzards myself

ourmaninthenorth

Vittoria Pavé. The best all round tyre I’ve used: 24c, grip like sh*t to a blanket, and best of all they come in *that* green:

Mister-P
    Free Member

Conti 4000 or 4000S depending on your budget.

zangolin
    Free Member

Conti GP4000S also – all year round

flange
    Free Member

schwalbe blizzards – last forever, £18 each at my lbs

billysan
    Free Member

Used to run Gatorskins thinking that anything less would be asking for trouble. Run GP4000S’s now and to be honest I’d rate them higher for durability!

nickc

another conti user here GP4000s at the minute, no punctures all year.

Jammy111
    Free Member

I’m also very interested in this thread. i’ve currently got vittoria zaffiro tyres on my bike (they came with it) and i’ve recently started having some high speed fishtailing incidents when going round corners on damp road surfaces- is this rider error or down to the fact the tyres are completely devoid of any tread?

I’ve also just noticed they weigh 340g, is this a lot for a road tyre?

(sorry for the little hijack)

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Conti Gatorskin 25mm folding on both my road bikes all year round.

yoda
    Free Member

Michelin pro race 3’s!!

jamesb
    Free Member

Michelin Krylions or Vittoria Rubino Pros, both can be got for about £20 each if you look around, both wear very well, are very puncture resistsnt and overall good unless you are into real top end stuff etc

Jimbo
    Free Member

Open Paves are nice, but approaching £40/tyre!
    GP4000S’ (note: not GP4000) are also damn good, and can be had for £28/tyre from Merlin.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Decent All-round Road Tyre?’ is closed to new replies.