• This topic has 13 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by jonk.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Decathlon/Btwin bib tights.
  • weirdnumber
    Free Member

Does anyone have experience with these? I’m looking for a pair for commuting and the Decathlon ones are much cheaper than the more popular brands as featured in certain biking mags. These are the ones Im looking at.

aftershock
    Free Member

I have these,had them for about 6 months now, it will depend on the mileage your doing but I find them fine for up to 30 miles off road riding before the saddle starts to pinch.

weirdnumber
    Free Member

What are your thoughts on the sizing out of interest, I’m tall and skinny so can’t decide on medium or large.

project
    Free Member

ive got 2 pairs of their shorts,had them for 2 plus years no problems so far,and they had a 2 year guarante.

as for size im well built and medium fits ok,

djglover
    Free Member

I have an older version of the top of the range ones, the panels look a little better cut on mine, but as said above they are not amazing when it comes to padding. I’m 5’11 and skinny and the have the medium and they are on the small size for me. I should have got large

drain

I got a pair of the bib shorts a couple of years ago. The lycra itself is very good, quite compressive, but the padding has recently disintegrated at the narrow part in the middle of the pad, so that rest ended up bunching. I’ve just had to ditch them a week or so ago: shame really, as while they lasted they were very comfy.

cp

Im tall and skinny and the medium top end ones about 2 years ago were way too small. Legs too short and bibs too short.

Padding good to begin with but compressed and stayed compressed relatively quickly.

Can you get to a store to try?

weirdnumber
    Free Member

Thanks for the comments. I’m not expecting too much for the price. I guess since I’m 6’1″ I should go for a large because of the length. Unfortunately I’m not able to try any since my local Decathlon doesn’t have any in stock.

Spud

I’d consider giving these a punt: http://www.ridebosh.com/mens_clothing/lower_bodym/Ride_Bib_Tight_With_Insert.html . I bought some in January and so far have been very pleased with them. Comfy, good quality and at a blooming cheap price.

weirdnumber
    Free Member

Those ride tights look interesting.

paddy0091
    Free Member

Think I’ve got the previous to those. I’m tall and skinny and the medium fit me fine. All decathlon kit I’ve had in the past has been made to a decent standard, probably on par with Giordana basic stuff.

PaulD
    Free Member

I’ve got lots of Decathlon kit.
    I have the winter Windtex bib tights, regular winter tights and an unused pair of bib mid-season (less windproofing) tights as well as a few pairs of their shorts and several tops.
    All are excellent, but you need to try them on in the store for fit.

Value is exceptional, and cheaper here in the UK than France because of some stupid internal exchange rate for converting Euros to £££.

Shame you never see their products compared in the mags…I guess they do not bother sending free samples to the journos.

PaulD

weirdnumber
    Free Member

Hmmm so the Decathlon site is a bit weird. It appears that they only deliver from a store near you, or you can collect at the same store. The product I want is not available in my local store so I can’t order it, nor does there appear to be anyway to order a product in.

jonk

I have some of the iride tights as recommended on the road.cc forum. They have bobbled and the stitching has come apart after about 6 washes. Not impressed with them compared to my usual giordana tights. Decathlon tights are very good but don’t last well and as stated above the insert compresses and is useless after a few months.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Decathlon/Btwin bib tights.’ is closed to new replies.