Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Decathlon bikes
  • craigmorris22
    Free Member

Decathlon seem to have some decent bikes for Xc cycling …not outrageous … Anyone got any experience of them? Looking at this rock rider 9.1 I think it’s called..

MrTall
    Free Member

Nowt wrong with Decathlon bikes. Some people can get snobby over the lack of a prestige name but they are very well specced bikes for the price. Far more common in mainland europe than they are here. The higher model ones such as the 9.1 seem to get pretty good reviews in the MTB press.

The only downside with buying a bike at Decathlon is the fact you’ll also come out with at least 25 other bits and bobs that you can’t help but impulse buy………. I love a good mooch around their shops, i can happily spend hours in there. Bargaintastic. 🙂

hp_source

I’ve had a Decathlon Road bike for about 4 years now. Had no issues with it at all, it rides very well.

one_bad_mofo

I’ve had a Decathlon Road bike for about 4 years now. Had no issues with it at all, it rides very well.

I’ve had my Decathlon road bike (Sport 3) for 18 months and I’m racking up the miles and enjoying it. What really surprised me, aside from the value, was the quality of the set-up. I expected to have to go over the bike when I got it home after purchasing it and redo/check everything, but no. In all the time I’ve owned it all it’s needed is a drop of chain lube and a slight tweak on the rear gear cable. 🙂

flatpat
    Free Member

Anyone actually got a Rockrider 9.1? Thinking of one myself as bike theft/poverty aren’t leaving me a lot of options in the full sus area. Review sounded very positive – I’m just wondering whether there’d be new bearings available in the future, support if there are any issues etc.

alpin
    Free Member

i picked up a piss-pot helmet in the Czech Rep. the other week for the grand price of ~€10.

edlong
    Free Member

The only problem I had was with after-sales support. With being an integrated supply chain, you pretty much have to through them and it took me many, many attempts to try and get a replacement for a bent mech-hanger (without success, in the end the bike was stolen before I managed to buy a part from them for it)

Apart from that, as above really, great, I mean really great kit for the money they charge, and also many bargains to be had on other essential supplies.

uwe-r
    Free Member

I am a big Decathlon fan but have never bought a bike from them, bought loads of gear and parts and the Stockport workshop guys have been excellent when I have used them but you struggle to get your bike booked in.

The thing I find with the bikes is they all look a bit over built and heavy but I guess at the price point they are at something has to give. Also some strange spec choices but again at that price point I bet you could do a lot worse.

bellys
    Free Member

I had the 9.2 and it was a great bike. There service was very good (Stockport store) http://uk.bikereserve.com/equipment/bikes-2011/enduro/mtb-btwin-rockrider-922011.html

Thinks they have stopped selling them as not on there web site any more….Stockport has dropped the price to £899 on the 9.2 great bike for the money IMO.

hainman
    Free Member

i have a RR9.1 and love it.its last years model so newer one has better forks but not sure about the rear shock…..for the money the kit on it is fantastic.the bike got a kick in the teeth away from a 5star review on bikeradar not to long ago….and as folk have said their stuff is great and mega cheap….go for it…
    http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/bikes/mountain/product/review-btwin-rockrider-91-12-45756

FOG

My son had an 8.1 HT which was excellent and good value or was until it got nicked.They don’t however seem to bother bringing the high-end bikes into the uk, I suspect because of Marque snobbery meaning they never get sold

craigmorris22
    Free Member

Reassuring thanks all!

I’m no snob so will probably head this way… Although I will buy some red bull decals to make it look a little more hardcore for the price

MoreCashThanDash

3-4 mates have been riding rockriders and decathlon road bikes for several years – seem to be well built and last, and good value for money.

lunge

My old man has just bought a road bike from there and I think it is cracking for the money. Great spec, frame seems good and light too. The only problem was the set up was not great, it spent an hour in my work stand but once done it has been perfect.

gribble
    Free Member

I have a Rockrider 8.2, generally very pleased with it. Used to work for Decathlon Surrey Quays and although I am somewhat biased, I thought the staff on the bikes department were well trained and knowledgeable, (especially in the workshop).

After 4.5+ years I realized (or actually chose to do something about it), that I had been riding round with a slightly off centre frame (rear wheel leaning over slightly). I got Decathlon Reading to have a look and eventually they replaced the frame, for a Rockrider xc (a higher spec bike, frame supposedly identical). Frame still looks slightly wonky to me, but doesn’t really effect it.

All in all good quality peace of kit, not bad after sales back up I recon.

hmanchester
    Free Member

I’ve got a Rockrider 8.1. Ridic value for money and very good customer service.

For £500 of the peg you really can’t complain. Clearly a good spec, but also the finishing kit all seems to be well thought out, light and tough. Only thing I changed were the rubbish OE Michelin tyres that came with it.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Decathlon bikes’ is closed to new replies.