Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Daughters first MTB
  • Will be taking her on her first 'off road' foray next weekend via Rowsley and Coombes Rd to Bakewell.

Seems like a lovely little bike so far – light enough and quality components.

Colour coding unintentional

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

get rid of the bottom pic otherwise Houns will hit on her!

duntstick
    Free Member

Quality…..Beats my Grifter. Hope all goes well. 😀

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Edric64
    Free Member

Isn't it a bit small or has she had a growth spurt?

duntstick – Member
    Quality…..Beats my Grifter. Hope all goes well.

Yeah, beats the crap I had when I was a kid too – a Grifter would have seemed like luxury.

It's not even her birthday either – spoiled rotten, maybe – the joys of being an only child I suppose, although it rarely seemed to work in my favour.

Edric 64 – Member
    Isn't it a bit small or has she had a growth spurt?

Angle of pic is a bit deceptive – I was worried it may be before I built it up, but it's pretty much spot on and there's still some scope for adjustment. It's as big as they come in 24" wheels and a 26"'er would be too big. I doubt it will last much more than 18 months, but it's the same with anything at that age.

Edric64
    Free Member

I found the same with my boy until I found a 14 inch bent toptube version of a GT Palomar for 40 quid

Edric64
    Free Member

You have run out of scotch by the way!!

Don't worry – I haven't

(hic)

KonaTC

make sure it is FUN

Edric64
    Free Member

Drinking scotch is always fun.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Not only run out of Scotch, but who buys half bottles of the cheap stuff, eh? 😉

Edric64
    Free Member

Thats because he spent all his money on his daughters new bike!!

That was my missus last night whilst I was away 😯

We drink too much to afford the dear stuff all the time. Jamesons and JD are other favourites – the Prince Consort cheapo is actually quite nice though.

Kona TC – will do

midlifecrashes

Looks great. I now have three groms here on 24" bikes. A Spesh, a Scott and a Trek. They're tuning in every afternoon to see who wins the Tour stage on "their" bike. Garage now looks like a rather eclectic bike shop. Back above double figures again!

Oggles
    Free Member

Nice. My little sister has one of them. I ride it round our woods when she's not looking 🙂

Hope she enjoys it!

Houns

Oi…I'm not Forky 😡

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

lol not bad, specialized as well!

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

They're nice bikes. Just like a mini adults bike unlike some of the cheap ones which are half the size of an adult bike but way at least twice as much!

Give it a year or so and she'll be costing you lots when she wants a bike like yours!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Daughters first MTB’ is closed to new replies.