Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Dateline Bikini
  • windydave13
    Free Member

Well, firstly i must apologise to those who read the title expecting either a link to some dodgy dating site or a scantilly clad lady but sadly this post has neither!!!

In a moment of madness i now seem to be the proud owner of a classis 80's Dateline Bikini Jet boat :mrgreen:

Overall she's looking peachy and shouldn't take too much to may her sea worthy, but sadly the old Google search isn't bringing much information on the Jet unit side of things.

Now i'm assuming someone within the STW world must have some knowlege on these beasts and can possible confirm that she is running a PP65 unit??? I know how everyone likes pics so here's another one!!

Overall i know what i'm doing but i have a few questions that i'm hoping some boating genius will be able to help me with.
    Number one: can anyone confirm if this is a PP unit??
    Number two: Am i correct in thinking VT Group took on the technical rights for PP?
    Number three: Anyone have a pdf of the parts brakedown? (Slim chance i know)
    Number four: I've read that the metalastic donuts can be replaced with BMW E36 prop shaft couplings. Can anyone substantiate this??

Well that's it for now. Hoping with the snow forecast for this weekend scuppering my Snodwon attempt, i can get some fettling in the garage with my new love of my life 😀

Any help would be much appreciated!!

Regards

Dave

BigDummy
    Free Member

I think this may be pretty cool. Possibly even cool to the power of Wow squared. 😀

nickc

You need to spray it white, and hire some Ukrainian prostitutes…

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Looks almost like a sea going Lotus Europa. http://www.biocrawler.com/w/images/5/51/Lotus_Europa.jpg

windydave13
    Free Member

You need to spray it white, and hire some Ukrainian prostitutes…

😆

I'm liking this idea.

I've been requested to captain several booze cruises today at work, which could get messy.

The way things are looking at the moment, i may have to hold the parties with her sat on the trailer!! Would definitely save a bit on the jungle juice 😛

Talkemada
    Free Member

So someone really did win the speedboat off Bullseye!

Supersmashinggreat!

PikeBN14
    Free Member

Wow, that looks like a pretty tidy boat for it's age, and a bit of a classic. Only with I could be of help, but only ever had Outboards on mine. Good luck though.

windydave13
    Free Member

The thought of doing a bit of DIY fibreglassing and fitting an outboard had crossed my mind, but reckon jet could be worth a giggle.
    The engine looks peachy, could just be a challenge plumbing and wiring it all in, not really knowing what goes where.

Watch this space

IanMunro
    Free Member

Ebay's great when you're drunk 😉

windydave13
    Free Member

If i was drunk i could accept a momentary lapse in concetration, sadly it was 4 in the afternoon and i was still at work 🙂

Then again last time i was drunk and bidding I did end up with an S-works Enduro for a very good price so can't complain. That was 6 yers ago though

PikeBN14
    Free Member

Is it working now?

chewkw
    Free Member

D'oh! … was hoping to see some real bikinis …

Stone him!

:mrgreen:

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

windydave13, seen earlier today.

windydave13
    Free Member

Not yet ladies and gents… The new steering cable arrived this morning so hoping to get her bottom wet this weekend if the weather is peachy.
    I'm still trying to find the Ukranian prostitutes to help polish her but i'm still holding out hope 😆

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Nicely done!

We have a Salcombe Flyer 440 with a two stroke 60 – like an Elise – not much power but weights nowt so it goes like stink!

Hope to get out on it today.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Dateline Bikini’ is closed to new replies.