Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Darts v Reba's
  • crispy1970
    Free Member

Can someone please explain in very simple terms how I benefit from a fork upgrade. I appreciate the reba’s will be lighter but how else will they benefit me and effect my overall ride.
    Cheers in advance.
    Chris

z1ppy

Dart = crap damping/rebound
    Reba = decent damping/rebound

tomhoward

Reba will be stiffer too (as in less flexy rather than a firmer spring), especially ones with maxles, so the front wheel wont ping off rocks and roots etc, the suspension will absorb them instead.

edit, and the option to lock them out on climbs depending on which model you plump for.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Rebas will give you kudos, what more do you want/need…

takisawa2

IPut a Dart on & your Wife WILL leave you & you’ll become a social pariah.
    Plus, your manhood will shrink.

Rebas will be a shedload lighter.

avdave2

Dart – no one will want to sleep with you.
    Reba – girls will want to sleep with you.
    SID – everyone will want to sleep with you.

Personally for me I’d rather have a rigid fork than something like the dart. The rebas are very good though.

crispy1970
    Free Member

Will the general ride be smoother with the reba?

bails

Absolutely yes.

muzzle
    Free Member

I refer you to this post of mine almost a year ago… it might help.

crispy1970
    Free Member

Cheers that’s been a great help. Just wanted to see if a plodder like me would benefit from the upgrade.

sefton
    Free Member

dart is for the complete noob or extremely poor. defo no fanny

sefton
    Free Member

only joing btw, never used a dart. reba good tho,

dannybgoode

I couldn’t believe the difference moving from a Recon Silver Coil to a Fox FiT RLC.

I too thought I might not notice the difference but funding a new fork wouldn’t have been possible if I didn’t do it now but it is astonishing.

I think the best compliment I can give it is that I just don’t know its there, don’t feel it compressing and rebounding, don’t hear it – it just doesn’t make itself noticed (in an entirely good way). Just a nice smooth front end.

Cheers

Danny B

nwill1
    Free Member

This ^^^

I came from a BMX background…didn’t get the whole suspension thing, first bike (Giant XTC) was a tentative entry into mtb, it came with darts and they were clunky and horrible, they dont give much then all of a sudden dive. When I decided i loved mtb (6 mths later) I changed frame and fork (to a pike) and I stopped noticing I even had suspension as they were so super smooth by comparison. I managed to sell my Darts for close on £100 on eBay and picked the Pikes up new for £275, the Pikes are now on Mrs bike and I have Fox 36’s.

crispy1970
    Free Member

thanks for the advice

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Rebas are fantastic forks for the money. Really pleased with the set I have on one of my bikes. Darts are just terrible heavy coil sprung junk.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Darts v Reba's’ is closed to new replies.